Total views : 180
Method of Trajectory Generation of a Generic Robot using Bresenham’s Circle Algorithm
Objectives: This paper characteristic the proposed method of trajectory generator of designing the mechanical type manipulator configuration as called the robot model after validating the kinematic analysis and software simulation of the mechanism. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The robot manipulator has utilized in this paper used for welding operation. In the mechanical configuration the successful utilization of newly designed universal joints and also the use of screw jack mechanisms at the robot manipulator base give the higher flexibility and degrees of freedom (dof) in the arms of the robot. This paper also describes the path planning of the robot based on the computer graphics concept of Bresenham’s line and circle algorithm for trajectory generation. This paper also describes the path planning of the robot based on the Bresenham’s line and circle algorithm concepts. Findings: This type of algorithm proved to generate the trajectory is very much effective, accurate and fast manner. From the trajectory points the new way of finding the joint angles was found using the inverse kinematics relationship were explained in this paper. Application/Improvements: This work is an essential parameter for robot trajectory formation with the given diameter of the cylinder to be going to be welded.
Bresenhams Circle Algorithms, Robot Manipulator, Trajectory Generation, Welding Robot
- Han J, An Z, Hao L. Research on modeling and simulation of tracked robot on RecurDyn. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation; 2009. p. 856–60.
- Sathish S, Nithyakalyani K, Vinurajkumar S, Vijayalakshmi C, Sivaraman J. Control of Robotic Wheel Chair using EMG Signals for Paralysed Persons. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–3.
- Niku SB. Introduction to Robotics. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River: New Jersey: USA; 2008.
- Craig JJ. Introduction to Robotics Mechanics and Control. 3rd (edn)., Prentice Hall: USA; 2005.
- Saha SK. Introduction to Robotics. 2nd (edn)., Tata McGraw-Hill: New Delhi: India; 2007.
- Shanmugasundar G, Sivaramakrishnan R. Modelling, design and static analysis of seven degree of freedom articulated inspection robot. Applied Materials Research. 2012; p.1053–6.
- Manjunath TC. Kinematic modelling and manoeuvring of a 5-axes articulated robot arm. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering. 2007; 1(4):216–22.
- Mineo C, Pierce SG, Nicholson P, Cooper I. Robotic path planning for non-destructive testing-A custom MATLAB toolbox approach. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. 2015; 37:1–12.
- Shanmugasundar G, Sivaramakrishnan R. A survey of development of inspection robots: Kinematics analysis, workspace simulation and software development. International Review of Mechanical Engineering. 2012; 6(7):1493–507.
- Shanmugasundar G, Sivaramakrishnan R, Rajmohan M. Computer aided simulation for workspace plot of a newly designed inspection robot. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC- 2014), India; 2014. p.1–6.
- Haase W. Automated non-destructive examination of complex shape. Proceedings of14th Asia-Pacific Conference on NDT(APCNDT), Mumbai, India; 2013.
- Atef ATA. Optimal trajectory planning of manipulators: A review. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2002; 2(1):32–54.
- Tian L, Collins C. An effective robot trajectory planning method using genetic algorithm. Journal of Mechatronics. 2004; 14:455–70.
- Caldron CAA, Alfaro EMRP, Gan JQ, Hu H. Trajectory generation and tracking of a 5-dof robotic arm. Available from: https://core.ac.uk/display/21574274. DOI: 10.1.1.202.2877.
- Rosales Em, Gan JQ. Forward and inverse kinematics models for a 5-dof pionner 2 robotic arm. Technical Report, University of Essex; 2003.
- Ata AA, Myo TR. Collision-free trajectory planning for manipulators using generalized pattern search. International Journal of Simulation Modelling. 2006; 5(4):145–54.
- Subramanian MB, Sudhagar K, Rajarajeswari G. Design of navigation control architecture for an autonomous mobile robot agent. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i10/85769.
- Baranova OV, Markina GL, Kolesnikov YL, Zakharov IV. Robot engineering implementation for monitoring small-diameter pipelines. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i11/89414.
- Bresenham’s_line_algorithm [Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 02]. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Bresenham’s_line_algorithm.
- Line algorithm [Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 02]. Available from: http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/group/goa/mallinnus/lines/ bresenh.html.
- Robot Analysis [Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 04]. Available from: http://www.easy-rob.com/uploads/media/ LectureRobotics.pdf.
- Bresenham’s derivation [Internet]. [cited 2016 Feb 04]. Available from: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~vvk201/Teach/ Graphics/Bresenham_derivation.pdf.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.