Total views : 125
Optimization of Process Parameters for Machining Marble using Abrasive Water Jet Machining through Multi Response Techniques
Objective: Abrasive water jet machining is a most popular non-Traditional machining technique used for machining a wide range of hard-to-cut materials and complex geometric shapes. This technique is very much preferred for machining thermally sensitive materials. In the present study, Optimization of machining parameters such as water pressure, standoff distance (SOD) and quality of cut by were carried out by considering multiple performance characteristics such as high MRR, good surface finish (Ra) and minimum kerf Angle (Ka). Methods: The experiments were designed using Taguchi’s Design of experiments and carried out on Marble for each combination of (L9) orthogonal array. The optimal combinations of machining parameters were obtained using Taguchi Weightage method and principal component analysis. Findings: The analysis of the Taguchi method reveals that, MRR is significantly affected by stand-off distance while, surface roughness is affected by Abrasive flow rate. Improvements: Experimental results have shown that the output parameters have been improved using this approach.
Abrasive Water Jet Machining, Principal Component Analysis, Taguchi’s Method, Weightage Method
- Badgujar PP, Rathi MG. Taguchi method implementation in abrasive water jet machining process
- optimization. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology. 2014 June; 3(5):66-70.
- Nagdeve L, Chaturvedi V, Vimal J. Implementation of Taguchi approach for optimization of abrasive water jet machining process parameters. International Journal of Instrumentation, Control and Automation. 2012; 1(3,4):913.
- Sreenivasa Rao M, Ravinder S, Seshu Kumar A. Parametric optimization of abrasive waterjet machining for mild steel: Taguchi approach. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology. 2014 February; (2):28-30.
- Sidda Reddy D, Seshu Kumar A, Sreenivasa Rao M. Parametric optimization of abrasive water jet machining of Inconel 800H using Taguchi methodology. Universal Journal of Mechanical Engineering. 2014; 2(5):158-62.
- Chirag M Parmar, Pratik K Yogi, Trilok D Parmar. Optimization of abrasive water jet machine process parameter for Al-6351 using Taguchi method. International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development. 2014 May; 1(5):1-8.
- Chithirai Pon Selvan M, Mohana Sundara Raju N. Assessment of process parameters in abrasive waterjet cutting of stainless steel. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology. 2011 July; 1(3):34-40.
- Nagdeve L, Chaturvedi V, Vimal J. Parametric optimization of abrasive water jet machining using Taguchi methodology. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2012 June; 2(6):23-32.
- Vinod B Patel, Patel VA. Parametric analysis of abrasive water jet machining of En8 material. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2012 May-June; 2(3):3029-32.
- Jurkovic Z, Perinic M, Maricic S. Application of modelling and optimization methods in abrasive water jet machining. Journal of Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology. 2012; 16(1):59-62.
- Jai Aultrin KS, Dev Anand M. Development of an ANN Model to Predict MRR and SR during AWJM Operation for Lead Tin Alloy. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 April; 9(13):1-8(90550).
- Jai Aultrin KS, Dev Anand M. Experimental Investigations and Prediction on MRR and SR of Some Non Ferrous Alloys in AWJM Using ANFIS. 2016 April; 9(13):1-21(90585).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.