Total views : 301
Design and Modeling of Substation Time Critical Information Dissemination Model using Publishersubscriber Communication Service Mapping
Objectives: For the efficient and reliable operation, substation IEDs status must be monitored consistently and event information must be disseminated timely between substation levels. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Traditional power grid substations are facing infrastructural, operational, automation, systematic, monitoring and control issues. The smart grid concept and advancement in instrumentation and automation has open up the potential of substation automation system through which substation automation, intelligence and control is achieved, but devices interfacing, interoperability, time critical information exchange, substation devices status monitoring and data dissemination type issues are still in research phase. Findings: In this research work, substation bay level IEDs time critical data information dissemination model is designed by IEC 61850 standard using publisher subscriber communication. Based on IEC 61850 substation devices data object and interfacing models, a novel substation communication service mapping is proposed for the time critical data information dissemination. The proposed communication service mapping is based on abstract service communication interface technique by which an object oriented data and object models and communication service is directly mapped at Ethernet data link layer. Application/Improvements: To disseminate the data message using the proposed communication service an IEEE 802 based Ethernet frame structure is designed and configured using abstract syntax notation one technique.
Data Dissemination, IEC 61850, IEEE Ethernet Frame, Publisher-Subscriber Communication, Substation.
- Sahito A.A, Halepoto IA, Uqaili MA, Memon ZA, Memon, Larik AS, Mahar MA. Analyzing the impacts of distributed generation integration on distribution network: A corridor towards smart grid implementation in Pakistan. Wireless Personal Communications. 2012; 85(2):545–63.
- McDonald JD. Substation automation IED integration and availability of information. IEEE Power and Energy Magazine. 2013; 1(2):22–31.
- Gungor VC, Lambert FC. A survey on communication networks for electric system automation. Computer Networks.2006; 50(7):877–97.
- Halepoto IA, Shaikh MZ, Chowdhry BS, Uqaili MA. Design and implementation of intelligent energy efficient conveyor system model based on variable speed drive control and physical modeling. International Journal of Control and Automation. 2016; 9(6):379–88.
- Mackiewicz R. Overview of IEC 61850 and benefits.Proceeding of IEEE Power Systems Conference and Exposition, (PSCE’06); 2006. p. 623–30.
- Sidhu TS, Yin Y. Modelling and simulation for performance evaluation of IEC61850-based substation communication systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2007; 22(3):1482–9.
- He W, Tang C, Zhang X, Zhu SN, Yuan H, Miao W. The design of data structure for IED based on IEC61850. Proceeding of China International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CICED’ 2006); 2006. p. 1–6.
- Nguyen-Dinh N, Kim GS, Lee H. A study on GOOSE communication based on IEC 61850 using MMS ease lite. Proceeding of International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS’07); 2007. p. 1873–7.
- Hyctor L, Montez C, Stemmer M, Vasques F. Simulation models for IEC 61850 communication in electrical substations using GOOSE and SMV time-critical messages.Proceeding of IEEE World Conference on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS); 2016. p. 1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.