Total views : 209
Design and Development of Hexapod using Nitinol Actuator Wire
Objectives: This research work involves the design and implementation of Hexapod robot which is a small, inexpensive, six-legged robot. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Hexapod robots from decennium have gained considerable attention in various research and development sectors. This research work involves the design and implementation of Hexapod robot which is a small, inexpensive, six-legged robot intended to replace huge and heavy robotic that are used in space applications, industries for lifting purpose containing solenoids and servo motors. Findings: Initial stage of research work involves design and construction of the structure of Hexapod. Plastic material is used for the construction of body and a Nitinol actuator wire is used to drive the Hexapod’s legs. The final stage involves Hexapod interfacing with Arduino and HBridge module for supply to achieve proper locomotion of the Hexapod. Specifically, real element like mechanical structure, legs arrangement, impelling, payload, movement condition and waking walk are considered in proposed system design. In this work, a novel robot is constructed and found that conservative, and lightweight Hexapod robot demonstrates guarantee for use in space, therapeutic, and other large scale robotic applications. Application/Improvements: Due to the unique actuating mechanism of nitinol wire the proposed and developed model has the impact significance in many application fields.
Arduino, Flexinol Wire, Hexapod, Stiquito.
- Tucker SD, Conrad J, Rai Y. Design review for Stiquito PCB; 2010.
- Halepoto IA, Shaikh MZ, Chowdhry BS, Uqaili MA. Design and implementation of intelligent energy efficient conveyor system model based on variable speed drive control and physical modeling. International Journal of Control and Automation. 2016; 9(6):379–88.
- Blanco AG, Jiménez G, Moreno PO. Development of a functional neuromuscular stimulation system for independent ambulation of patients with a spinal cord injury.Engineering Letters. 2007; 15(1):73–81.
- Available from: http://robotics.hobbizine.com/flexinol.html.
- Technical characteristics of flexinol ® actuator wires table of contents makers of dynamic alloys nickel – titanium alloy physical properties [Internet]. Available from: http://www.dynalloy.com/pdfs/TCF1140.pdf.
- Stevanovi I. Development of a miniature robot based on experience that is inspired by nature. Proceeding of Applied Mathematics; 2013. p. 49–50.
- Halepoto IA, Uqaili MA, Chowdhry BS. Least square regression based integrated multi-parametric demand modeling for short term load forecasting. Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2014; 33(2):215– 26 .
- Mills JW. Inexpensive technology lab exercises for grades 6-9. IEEE Twenty Fourth Annual Conference Proceedings in Frontiers in Education Conference; 1994. p. 218–22 .
- Song H, Kubica E, Gorbet R. Resistance modelling of SMA wire actuator. International Workshop Smart Materials Structures & NDT in Aerospace; 2011. p. 2–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.