Total views : 253
A Survey on Trust Models in Cloud Computing
Objectives: Objective of this work is to explore the available solutions for cloud trust and thereby to facilitate a rigid solution to address the issue in future. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Cloud Computing caters dynamic resources and on-demand services without the overhead of license, purchase and other traditional IT administration activities. Cloud is not only a buzz word in the industry but, also a most happening technological trend. While the services provided by the Cloud Computing is surplus, concern over the promising aspects are of no doubt. The barricades to cloud implementation in the reality are abundance. Findings: Amongst the barricade to cloud implementation, security and trust are considered to be the foremost issues. Trust is always a worry for the new technologies and also for distributed computing paradigm. Prospective users to Cloud Computing shall be tapped in only if the issue is precisely addressed. Minimizing the investment cost is one of the key features promised by the cloud vendors. Any security compromise towards minimizing the cost is highly intolerable. A trust solution for the Cloud Computing should balance the users worry towards trust as well as the service provision aspect. There are several promising solution to cloud trust problem exists. Application/Improvements: This work weighs some of the solutions to cloud trust and thereby highlights the potential gap between the actual requirement and the real solutions.
Cloud Survey, Cloud Survey, Cloud Trust, Cloud Trust Challenges, Cloud Trust Issues; Trust Survey.
- Coles C, Yeoh J. Cloud adoption practices and priorities survey report. Cloud Security Alliance; 2015 Jan.
- Cloud Usage: Risks and opportunities report. Cloud Security Alliance (CSA); 2014 Sep.
- Zhu C, Nicanfar H, Leung VC, Yang LT. An authenticated trust and reputation calculation and management system for cloud and sensor networks integration. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2015 Jan; 10(1):118–31.
- Gokulnath K, Uthariaraj VR. Fair-trust Evaluation Approach (F-TEA) for cloud environment. International Symposium on Security in Computing and Communication; Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2014 Sep. p. 81–91.
- Lin Guoyuan L, Wang Danrul W, Yuyul B, Min L. MTBAC: A Mutual Trust Based Access Control Model in Cloud Computing. China Communications, Informations Security; 2014 Apr.
- Noor TH, Sheng QZ, Trust as a service: A framework for trust management in cloud environments. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, WISE 2011, LNCS 6997; 2011. p. 314– 21.
- Shen H, Liu G. An efficient and trustworthy resource sharing platform for collaborative cloud computing. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014 Apr; 25(4):862–75.
- Sato H, Kanai A, Tanimoto S. A cloud trust model in a security aware cloud. 2010 10th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT); 2010 Jul. p. 121–4.
- Chong SK, Abawajy J, Ahmad M, Hamid IR. Enhancing trust management in cloud environment. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2014 May; 129:314–21.
- Article title. 2016. Available from: http://www.emc.com/ emc-plus/rsa-thought-leadership/cloud/cloud-trustauthority.html
- Wu X, Zhang R, Zeng B, Zhou S. A trust evaluation model for cloud computing. Procedia Computer Science. 2013 Dec; 17:1170–7.
- Abbadi IM, Alawneh M. A framework for establishing trust in the Cloud. Elsevier, Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2012; 38(5):1073–87.
- Ko RKL, Jagadramana P, Mowbray M, Pearson S, Kirchberg M, Liang Q, Lee BS. Trust Cloud: A framework for accountability and trust in cloud computing. IEEE ICFP; 2011.
- Talib AM, Atan R, Abdullah R, Murad MAA. Towards a comprehensive security framework of cloud data storage based on multi-agent system architecture. Journal of Information Security. 2012; 3:295–306.
- Li X, Du J. Adaptive and attribute-based trust model for servicelevel agreement guarantee in cloud computing. IET Inf Secur. 2013; 7(1):39–50.
- Bertino E, et al. A roadmap for privacy-enhanced secure data provenance. Journal of Information system. NewYork: Springer Science Business Media; 2014.
- Knode R, Egan D. Digital trust in the cloud: A Precis on the cloud Trust Protocol (V2.0). CSC; 2010 Jul.
- Knode R. Cloud trust protocol orientation and status.Cloud Security Alliance; 2011 Jun.
- Dutta P, Kumaravel A. A novel approach to trust based identification of leaders in social networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10).
- Khan KM, Malluhi Q. Establishing trust in cloud computing.IT Professional. 2010 Sep; 12(5):20–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.