Total views : 194
Electronic Voice for Set of the Syllables from Braille Code Input based on Microcontroller
Objectives: This paper presents the design and implementation of an electronic device that can convert the input code be the voice corresponding braille code input. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This electronic device has some push button that used to enter the braille code. The microcontroller will read and convert them into character. This character will be displayed on the LCD monitor to ensure the correct or not. Microcontroller also function to set MP3 Player Module to run MP3 document that correspond the characters entered. All MP3 sound documents are stored on the SD card. Findings: This electronic device has the ability to recognize each character is entered in braille code via push button. Also, these electronic devices can recognize the arrangement of the characters that form syllables. Each character or syllable that has been entered can be voiced by this device. Arrangement of syllables that make up the word can also be voiced by device per syllable. Voicing any character and syllables using Indonesian. Application/Improvements: These electronic devices can be a media for learning to children with visual impairment or blind people to recognize braille code and how to pronounce it independently.
Blind People, Braille Code, Electronic Voice, Microcontroller, Set of the Syllables.
- Visual impairment and blindness. [internet]. 2015.Available from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/ fs282/en/
- ICT as a Tool for Teaching and Learning in Respect of Learner with Disability [internet]. 2015. Available from: http://wikieducator.org/images/7/7b/SJ_M.P.Mishra.pdf 3. Gupta R, Singh PK, Bhanot S. Design and Implementation of Arduino based Refreshable Braille Display Controller.
- Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sept; 9(33):1-5.
- Khidri SA, Memon SH, Jameel A. Blind Aid: A self-learning Braille system for visually impaired. International Journal of Engineering Research and General. 2014 Jun-Jul; 4(2):641-7.
- Rajarapollu P, Kodolikar S, Laghate D, Khavale A.FPGA based Braille to text and speech for blind persons.International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2013 Apr; 4(4):348-53.
- Razaly F, Ajizan NH, Saad SM, Yaacob MS, Zain MZ, Hussein M, Abdullah MY, Musa AR. User friendly system for the visually impaired in learning Al-Quran. WSEAS Transactions on Systems. 2010 Jun; 9(6):659-68.
- Louis Braille and the Braille System [internet]. 2015.Available from: http://www.duxburysystems.com/braille.asp
- Risjord C. Instruction manual for Braille transcribing.Library of Congress. 2009.
- Atmel 8-Bit Microcontroller with 4/8/16/32kbytes in-System Programmable Flash [internet]. 2015. Available from: http://www.atmel.com/images/Atmel-8271-8-bit-AVRMicrocontrollerATmega48A-48PA-88A-88PA-168A-168PA-328-328P_datasheet_Complete.pdf.
- DFPlayer – A Mini MP3 Player [internet]. 2014. Available form: http://www.dfrobot.com/image/data/DFR0299/ DFPlayer%20Mini%20Manual.pdf.
- Secure Digital [Internet]. 2015. Available form: https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.