Total views : 147
Optimization of PI Coeffecients of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive
Background/Objective: This paper enhances the responses of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) drive system with design of PI controller based on Nelder-Mead optimization Method implemented in Matlab environment and Optimization Toolbox. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The minimization requirements on control quality such as overshoot, settling time and steady-state error have been realized by choosing objective function based on ITAE criterion. The speed error for control of the speed of PMSM based on field oriented control is considered for implementation of ITAE criterion. Findings: The standard AC6 model (Field oriented control of PMSM drive) of MATLAB Simpower system is analyzed for optimal design of the coefficients of the PI controller. Improvements: The effectiveness of responses of torque, current and speed tracking are verified with random PI and optimized PI coefficients.
ITAE based Objective Function, Matlab Environment, Nelder-Mead Optimization Method, PI Control Design, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor.
- Ogbuka C, Nwosu C, Agu M. A fast hysteresis current–controlled permanent magnet synchronous motor drive based on field orientation. Journal Of Electrical Engineering. 2016; 67(2):69–77. CrossRef.
- Pillay P, Krishnan R. Control characteristics and speed controller design for a high performance permanent magnet synchronous motor drive. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 1990 Apr; 5(2):151–9. CrossRef.
- Inoue Y, Yamada K, Morimoto S, Sanada M. Effectiveness of voltage error compensation and parameter identification for model-based sensorless control of IPMSM. IEEE Trans on Industry Applications. 2009 Feb; 45(1):213–21. CrossRef.
- Inoue Y, Morimoto S, Sanada M. Comparative study of PMSM drive systems based on current control and direct torque control in flux-weakening control region. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications. 2012 Nov–Dec; 48(6):2382–9. CrossRef.
- Marcic T, Stumberger B, Stumberger G. Comparison of induction motor and line-start IPM synchronous motor performance in a variable-speed drive. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications. 2012 Nov–Dec; 48(6):2341–52. CrossRef.
- Martins FG. Tuning PID controllers using the ITAE criterion. International Journal of Engineering Education. 2005; 21:867–73.
- Zhuang M, Atherion DP. Tuning PID Controllers with Integral Performance Criteria. Proceedings of IEE International Conference Control; Edinburgh UK. 1991. p. 481–6.
- Ozana S, Docekal T. PID controller design based on global optimization technique with additional constraints. Journal Of Electrical Engineering. 2016; 67(3):160–8. CrossRef.
- Global Optimization Toolbox User's Manual. 2017. Available from: http://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/gads/ gads_tb.pdf
- Control System Toolbox User’s Manual. 2017. Available from: https://in.mathworks.com/help/control/
- Symbolic Toolbox User's Manual. Available from: https://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/symbolic/symbolic_ tb.pdf
- Nelder JA, Mead R. A simplex method for function minimization. Computer Journal. 1965; 7:308–13. CrossRef.
- Levine S. The Control Handbook. 2nd Edition. CRC Press; 2010.
- Pipalava D, Kotwal C. ANFIS–PI controller based coordinated control scheme of variable speed PMSG based WECS to improve LVRT capability of wind farm comprising fixed speed SCIG based WECS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Nov; 9(44):1-8. CrossRef.
- Dennis JE, Woods DJ. Optimization on microcomputers The Nelder-Mead simplex algorithm. New Computing Environments Microcomputers in Large-Scale Scientific Computing. Philadelphia: SIAM; 1987.
- Gao F, Han L. Implementing the Nelder-Mead simplex algorithm with adaptive parameters. Computational Optimization and Applications. 2012 Jan; 51(1):259–77. CrossRef.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.