Total views : 191
An Elegant Shopping using Smart Trolley
Objectives: In this paper a smart Trolley model is developed for an elegant shopping. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Supermarkets are the places which will be crowded always especially in weekends. To manage these crowds various technologies are used to support people coming for shopping. Even though some technologies are used, the main problem faced by the people coming for shopping is getting jammed into a cashier line and getting frustrated. To overcome this problem we propose a smart trolley system. This system is equipped with microcontroller, ARM processor, Bar code reader, ultrasonic sensors, and android phone. A mobile phone with Wi-Fi connection is required for showing the information about discounts, product prices, and the total updated bill. Findings: When the customer finishes his shopping he/she can just pay the bill and leave, no need to wait in the queue. This smart trolley system will change the way of shopping that people shop in traditional systems. Application/Improvements: This proposed system is mainly to save the time in billing, it improves the operational efficiency of the system and it reduces number of staffs required.
ARM Cortex Microcontroller, Bar Code Reader, Smartphone, Smart Trolley, UART.
- ZBar bar code reader. Available from: http://zbar.sourceforge.net. Date Accessed: 02/07/ 2011.
- Aggarwal AA. RFID Based Automatic Shopping Cart‖, The International Institute for Science. Technology and Education Journal on Control Theory and Informatics. 2011; 1(1):1–7.
- Chandra Babu DVS. Wireless intelligent billing trolley for supermarket. International Journal of Advanced Research in Technology. 2012 Aug; 3(1).
- Ali Z, Sonkusare R. RFID Based Smart Shopping and Billing. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013.
- Suryaprasad J, Kumar BOP, Roopa D, Arjun AK. A Novel Low-Cost Intelligent Shopping Cart. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications. 2011. p. 1–4.
- Gangwal U, Roy S, Bapat J. Smart Shopping cart For Automated Billing using Wireless sensor N/W. The Seventh International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications. 2013. p. 168–72.
- Maini E, Sheltar J. Wireless Intelligent Billing Trolley for malls. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. 2014 Sep; 3(9):1175–78.
- Kumar R, Krishna KG, Ramesha K. Intelligent Shopping Cart. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT). 2013 Jul; 2(4):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.