Total views : 178
Discovery and Invocation of Web Services using Multi-Dimensional Data Model with WSDL
Objectives: The aim of this research is to discover and invoke the Web services dynamically according to the users’ requirement. This system resolves the unknown input parameters’ names and invokes the required services. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The methodology used is retrieving the Web Service Description Language (WSDL) of the Web services from the online-search-engine according to the user request, extracting and storing only the required elements in Multidimensional Online Analytical Processing (MOLAP) Cubes, mining MOLAP records to fill the unknown WSDL parameters’ name and dynamically invoking the Web services. Findings: The WSDL is big in size due to its multi elemental structure and requires huge space and time for storing and processing. Hence MOLAP cubes are used to store only the required elements of the retrieved WSDL. Existing Web Service discovery methods are classified into several categories: Ontology-based approach, UDDI based approach, Semantic-Based approach, QoS-based approach, Information Retrieval Based approach, data mining based approach and link-based approach. The drawbacks of the existing systems motivated the proposed system to use the WSDL-based method and to use an online search engine for the discovery of Web services. The proposed system is designed and implemented by considering the dynamic nature of the Web services. The results of experiments justify that the proposed system satisfies the user requests with reduced consumption of bandwidth, CPU and storage space. The performance of proposed system is high compared to the existing non-MOLAP systems. Application/ Improvements: Developing bigger applications with fewer resources and lesser time. Reusability of existing procedures through Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Satisfaction of the user requests at high speed.
Data Mining, MOLAP, Service Discovery, Service Invocation, Web Service, WSDL
- Web Services Tutorial. Date accessed: 15/3/2014. Available from: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/Webservices
- Simple Object Access Protocol. Date accessed: 25/6/2013.Available from: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/soap/what_ is_soap.htm
- OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services. Date accessed: 18/4/2014. Available from: http://www.w3.org/ Submission/2004/SUBM-OWL-S-20041122
- Tan PN, Steinbach M, Kumar V. Introduction to data mining.Addison-Wesley. University of Minnesota; 2013. p.
- Bose A. Effective Web service Discovery using a Combination of Semantic Model and Data Mining Technique [Master’s Thesis]. Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queenland, Australia; 2008. p. 22–35.
- Search Engine. Date accessed: 03/02/2014. Available from: http://www.bingo.com
- Data Warehousing – OLAP. Date accessed: 06/01/2015.Available from: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/dwh/dwh_ olap.htm
- Pawar S, Chiplunkar NN. Necessity of dynamic composition plan for web services. Proceedings of first International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology (ICATCCT); 2015; Davangere. p. 737–42.
- OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services. Date accessed: 08/04/2015. Available from: http://www.w3.org/ Submission/2004/SUBM-OWL-S-20041122
- Universal Description Discovery and Integration. Date accessed: 10/01/2013. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Universal_Description_Discovery_and_ Integration
- Liu F, Shi Y, Yu J, Wang T, Wu J. Measuring Similarity of Web Services Based on WSDL. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Web Services; 2010; Miami, FL. p. 155–62. Crossref
- Thomas F, Johaness R, Friedrich S. Towards Knowledge Discovery in the Semantic Web. Proceedings of International Conference MIKWI; 2010; Jena. p. 1151–62.
- Khalid E, Ahmed E, Hassan, Patrick M. Clustering WSDL Documents to Bootstrap the Discovery of Web Services.Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Web Services; 2010; USA. p. 150–8.
- Shiting W, Chaogang T, Qing L. Probabilistic top-K dominating services composition with uncertain QoS.
- International Journal of Service Oriented Computing and Applications. 2014 Jun; 6(10):91–103.
- Janciak I, Brezany P. A Reference Model for Data Mining Web Services. Proceedings of IEEE Sixth International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids; 2010; Beijing. p. 251–8. Crossref
- Wu C, Chang E. Searching Services on the Web: A Public Web Services Discovery Approach. Proceedings of Third International IEEE Conference on Signal-Image Technologies and Internet-Based System; 2007; Shanghai.p. 321–8. Crossref
- Hatzi O, Vrakas D, Nikolaidou M, Bassiliades N, Anagnostopoulos D, Vlahavas I. An Integrated Approach to Automated Semantic Web Service Composition through Planning. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2012; 5(3):319–32. Crossref
- Noh-sam P, Lee G. Agent-based Web services middleware.Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM). 2003; 6:3186–90. Crossref
- Amorim R, Claro D.B, Lopes D, Albers P, Andrade A. Improving Web Service Discovery by a Functional and Structural Approach. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Web Services; 2011; Washington DC. p.411–8. Crossref
- Pawar S, Chiplunkar NN, Kumar A. Dynamic Discovery of Web Services. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science. 2014; 6(10):56–62. Crossref
- Dong X, Halevy A, Madhavan J, Nemes E, Zhang J. Similarity search for web services. Proceedings of VLDB; 2004. p. 372–83. Crossref
- Pawar S, Chiplunkar NN. Populating Parameters of Web Services by Automatic Composition Using Search Precision and WSDL Weight Matrix. International Journal of Computational Sciences & Engineering. Forthcoming 2016.
- Hatzi O, Batistatos G, Nikolaidou M, Anagnostopoulos D. A Specialized Search Engine for Web Service Discovery.Proceedings of IEEE 19th International Conference on Web Services; 2012; Honolulu, HI, USA. p. 448–55. Crossref
- Song J, Hou H, Tiantian L, Guoqi L, Zhiliang Z. QoS Cube: Management and Navigating Web Services through Multidimensional Model College of Software. Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering; 2011; China. p. 9–15. Crossref
- Chen, Wuhui, Incheon P. Improving efficiency of service discovery using Linked data-based service publication. International Journal of Information System. Springer Publishers. 2013 Sep; 15(4):613–25.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.