Total views : 181
Local Government Model as Basis of Federative Organization of Political andTerritorial Landscape and as Resource of Federal Stability
Background/Objectives: The study considers the possibilities to identify the effects produced by the established local government model on the stability of a subject of the Russian Federation. Methods: Self-administration and subsidiarity have been defined as the most important institutions of federative political order. The study is founded on the principles of distribution of competence and jurisdiction between federal and regional level of state power on the one hand, and the local government on the other hand. Findings: Jurisdiction of local government is represented as an aggregate of two component elements: subjects of competence and the degree of power delegated to local government bodies. The study shows the matrix of potential optional combinations of these variables that represent the models of local self-administration: ideal types and transitional versions. Applications/Improvements: The study provides historical examples of the effects produced by the established local government models on the sustainability of sub-national entities to further improve federative organization and federal stability.
Federal Stability, Federalism, Local Government, Local Government Jurisdiction, Powers, Model of Local Self-Administration.
- Figueiredo RJ, Weingast BR. Self-enforcing federalism.Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization. 2005; 21(1):103–35. DOI: 10.1093/jleo/ewi005.
- Bednar J. Federalism as a public good. Constitutional Political Economy. 2005; 16(2):189–205. DOI: 10.1007/s10602005-2235-5.
- Matafonova YuA. Management of a federative state: basic institutions of a federative system Vlast. 2014; 11:133–6.
- Balykhin AG. Approaches to the evaluation of the essence of local self-administration in Russian and European scientific and legal traditions. Bulletin of RUDN, Series Legal Sciences. 2011; 4:21–6.
- Ribot JC. African decentralization: Local actors, powers and accountability. International Development Research Centre; 2002. DOI: 1020-8186.
- Bondar NS. Local government and constitutional jurisdiction.Constitutionalization of municipal democracy in Russia.Moscow: Norma; 2008.
- Zamotayev AA, Chekalkin V. On Russian edition of the European charter of local self-government: some issues to ensure the adequacy of applying the documents of the Council of Europe to the enforcement of public power. Municipal Power. 2007; 1:6–20.
- Sveshnikov MI. Foundations and limitations of self-administration: Practice of critical analysis of major issues of local government in legislation of the most important European states, Saint-Petersburg; 1992.
- Tikhomirov YuA. Theory of jurisdiction: monograph. Moscow: Yurinformtsentr; 2004.
- Procopius of Caesarea, The gothic war. 1. Translated by Kondratyev SP. Moscow; 1996.
- Morozova AS. Origins of federalism in Russia. Establishment of modern model of state government: historical and legal analysis; 2015.
- Klyuchevskiy VO, Historic portraits. Historic thinkers.Compiled, prefaced and supplemented by Aleksandrov VA.Moscow: Pravda; 1990.
- Gayduk VV. Institution of federalism: theoretical issues.Moscow: Nota Bene; 2008.
- Gligich-Zolotareva MV. Legal foundations of federalism.Moscow: Yurist; 2006.
- Barry D, Barner-Barry C. Contemporary Soviet politics: An introduction. 4th ed. Englewood Cliffs, N.J. Prentice-Hall; 1991.
- Matveyev MN. Power and society in the system of Soviets of people’s deputies in 1977–1993. Samara: Samara University; 2005.
- Koveshnikov EM. State and local government in Russia: theoretical and legal foundations of interaction. Moscow: Norma; 2002.
- Alekseyev N. Soviet federalism. Social Science and Modernity.1992; 1:110–18.
- Postovoy NV. Local self-administration: History, theory, practices: monograph. Moscow; 1995.
- Marushkin NV. On the issue of the specifics of local self-administration territorial organization in Soviet Russia. Historical, philosophical, political and legal sciences, culturology and art studies. Issues of Theory and Practice. 2012; 12(2):122–4.
- Ostrom V. Essence of American federalism. What is self-governing society? Translated from English; Prefaced by Oblonskiy A. Moscow: Arena; 1993.
- Abdulatipov RG. Federal studies. Saint-Petersburg: Piter; 2012.
- The European Charter of Local Self-Government, Strasbourg; 1985 Oct.
- Mukhoryanova OA, Novikova IV, Rudich SB, Bogushevich EV. E-Government in the Western European Countries, Asia and in the USA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Apr; 9(16).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.