Total views : 174
The Method for Evaluation and Selection of Investment Projects in the Field of Municipal Waste Management
Background/Objectives: Relevance of the work is determined by the fact that one of municipal authorities’ tasks is to create conditions for a comfortable residence of the citizens. The article deals with the procedure for evaluation and selection of investment projects relating to municipal solid waste management. Methods: The main methods for the evaluation and selection of investment projects are expert method enabling to evaluate the social significance of the project; risk assessment method based on the theory of fuzzy sets to overcome the drawbacks of the probabilistic and the minimax approaches; Pareto method to form a set of projects according to the attractiveness and the risk criteria; cluster analysis to allocate implementation priority to the projects. Findings: A methodology of socially significant investment projects selection in the field of municipal solid waste is provided, taking into account the social, environmental, and economic impacts of the projects implementation. The social significance of investment projects must be the main criteria for their selection. An investment program for the development of municipal solid waste management is drawn up based on the selected investment projects. Improvements/Application: The technique allows forming a municipal program of investment in the development of the municipal solid waste sphere, which for the first time takes into account the social, environmental, and economic imperatives as a whole, based on public-private partnership.
Cluster Analysis, Investment Project, Risk, Municipal Solid Waste.
- Pavlenkov MN, Voronin PM. Economic problems in the activities of municipalities. News of the Higher Educational Institutions. Sociology. Economy. Policy. 2014; 1:30–3.
- Pavlenkov MN, Labazova EV. Methodological bases of strategic planning of the urban district. Nizhny Novgorod: NIU RANHiGS; 2012.
- Belli P, Anderson J, Barnum H, Dixon J, Tan J-P. Handbook on economic analysis of investment operations. Washington: The World Bank; 1998.
- Boardman A, Greenberg D, Vining A, Weimer D. Costs and benefit analysis. Concepts and practice. Boston: Prentice Hall; 2012.
- Grout PA. Value-for-money measurements in public-private partnerships. EIB Papers. 2005; 10(2):33–56.
- Honohan P. Key issues of cost-benefit methodology for Irish industrial policy. Dublin: General research series; 1998.
- Lall S. Reinventing industrial strategy: the role of government policy in building industrial competitiveness. New York: UNCTAD, G-24 discussion paper No. 28; 2004 Apr.
- Rodrik D. Industrial policy for the twenty-first century.Cambridge, MA: Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government. Research Working Paper RWPO4047; 2004.
- Stiglitz JE, Lin JU, Monga C. The rejuvenation of industrial policy. Washington: The World Bank. Policy Research Working Paper 6628; 2013.
- Pavlenkov MN, Smirnova NA. Prediction of sustainable enterprise development. Controlling. 2012; 4:34–40.
- Pavlenkov MN, Voronin PM. The choice of strategic directions of holdings in the sphere of elimination of wastes of municipal organisations. Russian Entrepreneurship. 2014; 12(258):149–58.
- Pavlenkov MN, Voronin PM. Origination and main sources of pollution in the urban territory. Bulletin of Volga Region State University of Service. 2013; 12:6(32):39–42.
- Pavlenkov MN, Portnov VV. Elaborating the policy of investment attraction to city industrial development. Bulletin of Moscow Region State University. Series: Economics.2011; 2:91–7.
- Orlov AI, Lutsenko EV, Loiko VI, Falko SG. Advanced mathematical and instrumental methods of controlling.Monograph. Krasnodar: Kuban State Agrarian University Press; 2015.
- Nedosekin AO, Voronov KI. New index of investment risk assessment [Internet]. 1999. Available from: http://www.aup.ru/articles/investment/4.htm.
- Trubilin AI, Katsko IA. Models and methods of applied research (training manual): Krasnodar: Kuban State Agrarian University Press; 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.