Total views : 179
Making a Formal Case for the Development of Components of Modern Enterprise Information Systems
Background: The article covers the specifics of streamlining the design of software components for modern information systems, proposes a multiple-path integration approach intended for obtaining optimal and suboptimal solutions in multidimensional problems. Methods: The article proposes an approach to establishing a smooth pipeline for the development of software components within enterprise Information Systems (IS) based on the principles of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) that intend to reduce the complexity of the IS components themselves and the way they communicate with each other. To come up with the most practical solutions, the authors have used multiple-path integration methods that can help provide solutions to multidimensional problems within a reasonable time. Findings: The proposed formalization of the task to design an IS component serves as a base for studying the characteristics of the life cycles of different IS components, strategies and approaches to their design and development, as well as the general IS structure by means of various strategies of interaction between the existing software components and the ones being designed. Improvements/Application: The proposed approach can be used as a tool for building large-scale information systems in order to reduce the time and resources spent on the project. The article suggests a use case for this approach involving the building of IS components for telecommunication companies.
Enterprise IS, Multiple-path Integration, Software Development.
- Brooks FP. The mythical man-month: essays on software engineering. 2nd Edition. Addison-Wesley Professional; 1995.
- Lynch J. Chaos report. Standish Group [Internet]. 2015.Available from: http://blog.standishgroup.com/post/50.
- Telnov Yu. Intelligent information systems in economics.Study guide. Moscow: Sinteg; 1998.
- Yakobson A, Buch G, Rambo G. Unified software development process. Saint Petersburg: Piter; 2002.
- Kruchten Ph. The rational unified process: An introduction.3rd Edition. Addison-Wesley Professional; 2003.
- Booch G, Rumbaugh J, Jacobson I. The unified modeling language user guide. 2nd Edition, Addison-Wesley Professional; 2005.
- Ryndin A, Khaustovich A, Dolgikh D, Mugalyov A, Sapegin S. Design of enterprise information systems. Voronezh, Kvarta; 2003.
- Beck K, Beedle M, van Bennekum A, Cockburn A, Cunningham W, Fowler M. Manifesto for Agile Software Development; 2001.
- Rubin KS. Essential scrum: A practical guide to the most popular agile process (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Cohn)), Addison-Wesley Professional; 2012.
- Bieberstein N, Laird RG, Jones K, Mitra T. Executing SOA: A practical guide for the Service-Oriented Architect. IBM Press; 2008.
- Jacobson I, Ng P-W, McMahon PE, Spence I, Lidman S. The essence of software engineering: Applying the SEMAT kernel.Addison-Wesley Professional; 2013.
- Erl T. Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA): Concepts, technology, and design. Prentice Hall; 2005.
- King W. ITIL for beginners: Simple and easy beginners guide to understanding and starting with ITIL Implementation in your organization; 2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.