Total views : 160
Services of low cost Carriers in India: The Cutomer’s Perspective
Objectives:To examine the customer’s expectation and customer’s perception about services of low cost carriers Methods/Statistical Analysis: The present study is an empirical research which examines customers’ expectations and customers’ perceptions of low cost carriers of India. This paper addresses the problem through Gap analysis which was used to determine perception and expectation of customer on services provided by low cost carriers. The research involved Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) test to analyze the difference between customer profiles.T test was done to check the gap between the perceived and expected services of low cost carriers. Findings: Based on the research, the Results indicated gap existence between perception and expectation of customers. T test was done which showed significant gap between the perceived and expected services of low cost carriers. Based on ANOVA test it can be concluded that there is significant difference between socio-economic characteristics of customers and their expectations about services of low cost carriers and there is significant difference between socio-economic characteristics of customers and their perceptions about services of low cost carriers. Application/Improvements: However it can be concluded that the low cost carriers should focus on improving their services to meet the expectations of the customer which would lead to customer satisfaction..
Expectation, Gap Analysis, Perception, Services Parameters
- O’connell JF and Williams G. Passengers’ perceptions of low cost airlines and full service carriers: A case study involving Ryanair, Aer Lingus, Air Asia and Malaysia Airlines. Journal of Air Transport Management.2005; 11: 259–72. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2005.01.007
- Zahari W, Yusoff W, and Ismail M. FM-SERVQUAL: A New Approach of Service Quality Measurement
- Framework in Local Authorities. Journal of Corporate Real Estate. 2008;10 (2):130–44. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1108/14630010810905633
- Hung YH, Huang ML, and Chen KS.Service Quality Evaluation by Service Quality Performance Matrix. Total quality Management and Business Excellence.2003; 14(1): 79 –89. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360309706
- Lewis BR. Quality in Service Sector – A Review. International Journal of Brand Marketing.1989; 7(5): 4–12. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1108/02652328910134590
- Akan P. Dimensions of Service Quality: Expectations of Turkish Consumers from Services. Bogazici University Press: Istanbul. 1995.
- Park J, Robertson R, and WuC.The effect of airline service quality on passengers’ behavioural intentions: A Korean case study.Journal of Air Transport Management. 2004;10: 435–9. Avalable from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2004.06.001
- Abdullah K, Manaf NHA and Noor KM. Measuring the Service Quality of Airline Services in Malaysia. IIUM Journal of Economics and Management. 2007; 15(1): 1–29.
- Atilgan E, Akinci S, and Aksoy S. Expectations and perceptions for airlines: The Sun Express case with the gaps model.Journal of Global Strategic Management. 2008 June; 68–78.
- Zeithaml VA and Bitner MJ. Service Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus across the Firm.New York: McGraw-Hill Higher Education. 2003.
- Parasuraman A, Zeithaml V and Berry LLA conceptual model of service quality and its implication for future research. Journal of Marketing.1985; 49: 49–63. Available from: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251430
- Sultan F and Simpson MC. International service variants: Airline passenger expectations and perceptions of service Quality. Journal of Services Marketing. 2000; 14:188–216.Available from: https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010327211
- Chia-Jui H, Jin-Ru Y, Yu-Chun C, Hui K.W.How do the services of low cost carriers affect passengers’ behavioral intentions to revisit a destination?. Journal of Air Transport Management.2016;.52,111–116.
- Rizan. Analysis of Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction, and Its Influence on Customer Loyalty. Oxford Business & Economics Conference Program.St. Hugh’s College. Oxford University. Oxford. 2010; 11–9.
- Shaw S. Airline Marketing and Management. Ashgate Publishing Limited. New Delhi. 2011;182–6.
- Hongwei J and Yahua Z. An investigation of service quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty in China’s airline market.Journal of Air Transport Management. 2016; 57:80–8. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2016.07.008
- Saha GC and Theingi. Service quality, satisfaction, and behavioural intentions. A study of low-cost airline carriers in Thailand.Managing Service Quality.2009;19(3): 350–72 Available from: https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520910955348
- Wilfred I, Ukpere, Mobolaji S, Stephens, Christopher C, Ikeogu, Callistus C, Ibe and Edem OP. Akpan.Determinants of Airline Choice-Making: The Nigerian Perspective. African Journal of Business Management. 2012; 6(15): 5442–55.
- Pakdl F, and Aydin O.Expectations and Perceptions in Airline Services: An Analysis Using Weighted SERVQUAL Scores.Journal of Air Transport Management.2007; 13(4): 229–37.Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2007.04.001
- Pham KQVUS. and European. Frequent Flyers Service Expectations: A Cross-Cultural Study. The Business Review.2006; 6(2): 32–8.
- George CLB and Carlos FG.Measuring airport service quality: A multidimensional approach. Journal of Air Transport Management.2016; 53: 85–93. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2016.02.001
- Archana R and Subha MVA. Study on Service Quality and Passenger Satisfaction on Indian Airlines. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. 2012; 34(4): 54–9.
- Yi Y and La S.The relative effects of three dimensions of service quality on CS-A comparative study of existing vs. potential customers. Korean Marketing Association Journal. 2003; 18(4): 67–97.
- Parasuraman A, Zeithaml V and Berry LL. SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing.1988; 64: spring,12–40.
- Zeithaml VA, Parasuraman A and Berry, Leonard L.Delivering Quality Service. The Free Press. New York.1990.
- Brogowicz AA, Delene LM and Lyth DMA. Synthesised service quality model with managerial implications. International Journal of Service Industry Management.1990; 1(1):27–44.
- Available from: https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239010001640
- Holloway S.Straight and level: Practical Airline Economics.3rd edition.Ashgate publishing limited. 2008.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.