Total views : 160
Performance Comparison of Paraunitary Analysis Filter Bank Based Spectrum Sensing Technique over Multipath Channels
Background/Objectives: In earlier days of wireless communications, the demand for the spectrum is limited, because the wireless services may not require higher bandwidths. But as time passes radio spectrum has become one of the important and regulated resources for all the wireless services. From the past 10 to 15 years the spectrum needs were increased and it becomes a scarce resource. Methods/Statistical analysis: The information and communication technology industry in today’s scenario faces several global challenges like: Higher data services with improved Quality Of Service (QOS), scarcity of spectrum, and increased expenses of the services. Thus both the energy domains as well as spectral domain efficiencies were degraded, which made the researches to think in different ways, The other ways to improve spectrum utilization is the use of unlicensed spectrum or secondary access. In order to solve this spectrum utilization efficiency problem, Cognitive Radio (CR) concept was introduced. CR technology is an secondary access method in which an unlicensed Secondary Users (SUs) senses the whole radio spectrum and uses the licensed spectrum holes such that it does not cause any interference to the Primary Users (PUs). This way of spectrum access improves the efficiency of spectrum utilization. Findings: For sensing the spectrum of the primary user, several methods are proposed in literature. A method called Paraunitary Analysis Filter Bank based sensing method is analysed in this paper and its performance was compared with Filter bank based spectrum sensing and Energy Detection (ED) based spectrum sensing techniques. Application/Improvements: It can be used to reduce the interference in Femtocell networks by considering the macro user as a primary user and femto user as a secondary user to use the spectrum effectively and to increase the capacity of the cellular networks.
Cognitive Radio, Energy Detection, Filter Bank, Paraunitary Filter Bank, Spectrum Sensing.
- Sabiq PV, Saraswady D. Performance evaluation of analysis filter bank based spectrum sensing in multipath fading channel. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Informatics and Analytics (ICIA), Association for Computing Machinery (ACM); 2016 Aug 25–26. p. 56.
- Stevenson CR, Chouinard G, Lei Z, Hu W, Shellhammer SJ. The first cognitive radio wireless regional area network standard. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) standards in communication and networks; 2009.
- Haykin S. Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Journal on Selected Areas in Communication. 2005; 23(2):201–20.
- Dolecek GJ. Fundamentals of Multirate systems. Software and Systems Design. Institute INAOE, Puebla, Mexico; 2009. p. 1601–5.
- Plataa DMM, Reátiga AGA. Evaluation of energy detection for spectrum sensing based on the dynamic selection of detection-threshold. International Meeting of Electrical Engineering Research, Procedia Engineering. 2012; 35:135–43.
- Vetterli M. A theory of multirate filter banks. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. 1987 Mar; 35(3):356–72.
- Vaidyanathan PP. 1993. Multirate systems and filter banks. Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA; 1993.
- Strang G, Nguyen T. Wavelets and filter banks. Wellesley-Cambridge Press, Wellesley, MA; 1996.
- Attapatu S, Tellambura C, Jiang H. Energy detection based cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks.Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2011 Apr; 10(4):1232–41.
- Vaidyanathan PP, Phoong SM, Lin YP. Signal processing and optimization for transceiver systems. Cambridge University Press; 2010.
- Farhang-Boroujeny B. Filter bank spectrum sensing for cognitive radios. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transaction on Signal Processing. 2008 May; 56(5):1801–11.
- Cberubini G, Eleftheriau E, Sedatolcer. Filter bank modulation techniques for very high-speed digital subscriber lines. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Communications Magazine. 2000 May; 38(5):98–104.
- Soman AK, Vaidyanathan PP, Nguyen TQ. Linear phase paraunitary filter banks: theory, factorizations and design. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions of Signal Processing. 1993 Dec; 41(12):3480–96.
- Kumar VMSNP, Tamilselvan S. A review on 3GPP Femtocell networks and its technical challenges. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–9.
- Kumar BS, Srivatsa SK. An efficient spectrum sensing framework and attack detection in cognitive radio networks using hybrid ANFIS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28):1–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.