Total views : 166
An Efficient Face Detection and Recognition for Video Surveilnlance
In this paper, a comprehensive scheme is proposed for unconstrained joint face detection and recognition in video sequences for surveillance systems. Unlike conventional video based face recognition techniques, emphasis is laid on the acquisition of a pose constrained training video database followed by the extraction of well aligned face images from the training videos. We have proposed a new Indian Faces Video Database (IFVD) to demonstrate the performance of the proposed approach especially in the challenging environment of varying skin color and texture of faces from the Indian subcontinent.Our approach produces successful face tracking results on over 86% of all videos. The good tracking performance induces high recognition rates: 85.86 on Honda/UCSD and over 77.49 % on IFVD. The proposed technique is robust and aims to develop a unified framework to address the challenges of varying head orientation, pose and illumination level in a highly integrated fashion so as to benefit from the interdependence between the high fidelity face detection and the subsequent recognition phases.
Adaboost, Classification, Face Detection, Face Recoginition, Kalman Tracking, Manifold Learning, SVM.
- Kim M, Kumar S, Pavlovic V, Rowley H. Face tracking and recognition with visual constraints in real world videos.IEEE Conference Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. 2008 Jun. p. 1–8.
- Lee KC, Ho J, Yang MH, Kriegman D. Video-based face recognition using probabilistic appearance manifolds.Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2003 Proceedings, 2003 IEEE Computer Society Conference.2003; 1: I–313.
- Shakhnarovich G, Fisher JW, Darell T. Face recognition from long-term observations. Computer vision ECCV, Springer. 2002; 851–65.
- Lee KC, Ho J, Yang MH, Kriegman D. Visual tracking and recognition using probabilistic appearance manifolds. Computer Vision and Image Understanding.2005; 99(3):303–31.
- Viola P, Jones M. Robust real-time object detection.International Journal of Computer Vision. 2001; 4:34–47.
- Jones M, Viola P. Fast Multiview face detection. Mitsubishi Electric Research Lab TR-20003-96. 2003; 3:14.
- Freund Y, Schapire RE. A decision-theoritic generalization of online learning and an application to boosting.Computational learning theory, Spinger. 2008; 23–37.
- Ross DA, Lim J, Lin RS, Yang MH. Incremental learning for robust visual tracking. International Journal of Computer Vision. 2008; 77(1-3):125–41.
- Comaniciu D, Ramesh V, Meer P. Real-time tracking of non-rigid objects using mean shift. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2000 Proceedings. IEEE Conference.2000; 2. p. 142–9.
- Nummiaro K, Koller-Meier E, Van Gool L. An adaptive color-based particle filter. Image and Vision Computing.2003; 21(1):99–110.
- Kullback S. Information theory and statistics. 1968.
- Peer P, Kovac J, Olina S. Human Skin color clustering for face detection. EUROCON 2003, International Conference on Computer as a Tool. 2003.
- Yang J, Waibel A. A Real-Time Face Tracker. CMU CS Technical Report.
- Bhatt R, Dhall A. Skin Segmentation Dataset. UCI Machine Learning Repository.
- Dawoud NN. Fast template matching method based optimized sum of absolute difference.
- Gourier N, Hall D, Crowley JL. Estimating face orientation from robust detection of salient facial structures. FG Net Workshop on Visual Observation of Deictic Gestures, FGnet (IST-2000-26434) Cambridge, UK. 2004; 1–9.
- Dalal N, Triggs B. Histograms of oriented gradients for human detection. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. IEEE. 2005; 1:886–93.
- Schapire RE, Singer Y. Improved boosting algorithms using confidence-rated predictions. Machine Learning. 1999; 37:297–336.
- Chen J, Shan S, He C, Zhao G, Pietikainen M, Chen X, Gao W. WLD: A robust local image discriptor. IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.2010; 32(9):1705–20.
- Lambert JH. Photometric sive de mensure gratibus luminis colorum umbre Eberhard Klett. 1760.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.