Total views : 97
Factor Exploration and Empirical Analysis of Digital Divide between Disabled and General People, using Statistical Method
Objectives: Purpose of this research is to give some information to help reducing digital divided by investigating some digital divide factors of physically challenged people, empirical analyzing by using statistical method. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In the process of exploring factors of digital divide of the disabled people and conducting empirical analysis, subjects were physically disabled people in rehabilitation center located in Jeonlabuk-do(S. Korea). Research was done from 18, June, 2015 to 24, September, 2015. Samples were drawn from 200 respondents using convenience quarter sampling, self-recording method after the instruction from investigator was used. For statistical analysis, we used IBM SPSS 22. Findings: We finding results are as follow. First, reliable and valid measurement must be used to measure digital divide. Second, by integrating various statistical analyses, accessibility to computer should be raised among group of old age and management ability should be strengthened by education, to decrease digital divide among disabled people. Improvements/Applications: This research suggests some composition of measurement method about digital divide.
Analysis of Variance, Digital Divide, Factor Analysis, Physically Challenged People.
- Lee HW, Myeong, S. Research trend and analysis on the issues of informatization and e-government in Korea.Informatization Policy. 2013; 20(4):3–22.
- Kim G, Kwon Y. A study on the development of evaluation model and index for digital divide diagnostic.Korean Journal of Policy Analysis and Evaluation. 2014; 24(1):79–114.
- Kim G. An exploratory analysis on relationship between digital divide and social exclusion in Korea.Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society.2014; 17(2):61–88.
- Lee JM. A study on actual conditions of information gap of the handicapped people and the measures taken to cope with the problem.Journal of Korean Academy of Human Welfare Practice.2009; 2:243–63.
- Kim EJ, Lee JW, Yang HI. Digital divide states and political implications in Korea.Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society.2008; 11(3):75–101.
- Kuttan A, Peter L. From digital divide to digital opportunity.Scarecrow Press: Lanham, MD; 2003.
- National information society agency. The survey on the digital divide index and status. National Information Society Agency: Seoul; 2014.
- Min Y. The digital divide among internet users: An analysis of digital access, literacy, and participation.Journal of Communication Research. 2011; 48(1):150–87.
- Jin S.Analysis of time series change on the digital divide.Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society.2013; 16(3):161–88.
- Shine DW. Digital divide’s influence on adolescents’ consumer sovereignty. Korea National University of Education Master degree thesis:Chungbuk; 2007.
- Lee GM, Kim IS, Lim MJ. A study on the plans to reduce the digital divide for people with disabilities.Journal of Rehabilitation Science. 2004; 2(1):115–29.
- Kim YM. A study on the solution of the digital divide for information disadvantaged groups. Han-Yang University Master degree thesis: Seoul; 2009.
- Hwang JY. Resolution for the digital divide: Current status and the problem analysis of information technology education for the disabled.Konkuk University Master degree thesis: Seoul; 2009.
- Nam, S. Does digital divide exist in disabled consumer?Verification of moderating effect for age and education level.Journal of Consumer Studies. 2011; 22(2):303–21.
- Seo E. SPSS Statistical analysis. Freedom Academy: Seoul; 2005.
- Yoo JY.The index of digital divide in Korea.Korean Journal of Sociology. 2002; 36(1):223–46.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.