Total views : 135
Study on the College Students’ Sex Stereotypes, Idea of Marriage and Opinion about Childbirth
Background/Objectives: The purpose of this study is to determine the sex stereotypes, idea of marriage and opinion about childbirth of college students. Methods/Statistical Analysis: As a descriptive correlation study, data was collected from 93 college students. Data was analyzed using independent t-test, One-way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients.Findings: Sex stereotypes, idea of marriage and opinion about childbirth averaged 2.64±50 (range of scale 1~5), 3.11±.22 (range of scale 1~4) and 2.94±.59 (range of scale 1~5). Sex stereotypes positive correlation with opinion about childbirth and idea of marriage positive correlation with opinion about childbirth. Improvements/Applications: Social and policy support, the bond of sympathy expansion to minimize child rearing or economic burden arising from children and the shaping of gender equality culture on family life are required.
Birth Rate, Childbirth, College Student, Marriage, Sex Stereotypes.
- Korean Statistical Information Service. Future Population Estimation Report; 2010.
- Kim KS. Low fertility policy and evaluation of projects and alternatives. Korea for Home Management Association Proceeding Kit; 2008. p. 9–22.
- Bae MH. A study on the causes of low fertility and the plans for encouraging fertility in Korea. Department of Policy Science, The Graduate School of Policy Administration, Dankook University; 2007.
- Lee SS. The basic directions of low fertility age population policy. Health and Welfare Forum. 2005; 102:7–15.
- Kim YJ. Women’s first childbirth experience in their 30s. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25):1– 6.
- Lee SY, Hong DAG. The study on the idea of marriage and childbirth will be college students. Journal of Family Relations.2014; 19(2):3–28.
- Lee SS. A study on impact of the change in values on marriage and fertility behaviors. Research in Social Health.2006; 26(2):95–140.
- Cherlin AJ. The deinstitutionalization of American marriage.Journal of Marriage and Family. 2004; 66(4):974–9.
- Kim BK. Factors impacting on marriage and child birth of university students in Daegu. [Unpublished Master’s Thesis].Daegu, Korea: Yeungnam University; 2005.
- Shin HY. Individual values on giving birth and social view on childbirth encouragement policy. [Unpublished Doctoral Thesis]. Gyeonggi, Korea: Hanseo University; 2009.
- Chang YS, Ko KH, Lee SW, Lee JW, Ko HY, Jin JH. Korea’s health and welfare trends. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs; 2011 Dec. p. 1–431.
- Do MH. The effect of college students’ awareness on marriage and childbirth to future marriage and childbirth. Korean Journal of Family Welfare. 2011; 16(4):163–78.
- Kim HS, Jung YM. Self-differentiation, family functioning, life satisfaction and attitudes towards marriage among South Korean University Students. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–9.
- Kim HS, Park JS, Jo EJ. The perceptions of marriage and childbirth of health care fields college students. The Korean Journal of Health Science Management. 2011; 5(2):131–46.
- Kim. Sociology of Gender. Seoul: Munemsa; 1993.
- Jung YK, Kim KH, Bae JA, Kim CA. Marriage study of Korea adults: Gender by marital status, regional comparative analysis. Journal of Ehwa Womens’ University. 1997; 32:49–92.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. A survey on the value system about marriage, children and gender equality of the future age. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs; 2006. p. 13–22.
- Park YA. The study on the effective element of pregnancy will. [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. Seoul, Korea: Hansung University; 2013.
- Choi MJ. A study of the preference for childbirth policies based on university student’ views on marriage and children.[Unpublished Master’s Thesis]. Ulsan, Korea: University of Ulsan; 2010.
- Sin KS. A study on birth will of college student. [Unpublished Master’s Thesis]. Daegu, Korea: Yeungnam University; 2012.
- Lee SY, Hong DAG. The study on the idea of marriage and childbirth will of college students. Journal of Family Relations.2014; 19(2):3–28.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. National Marriage and Childbirth Trends in 2009; 2010. p. 13–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.