Total views : 115
A Study of Evaluation Index Model Designed to Measure Open Data Outcome
Objectives: As data opening becomes more common, assessment model and index designed to measure the concept and outcome of open data have been continuously upgraded. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For open-data assessment index development modeling, the Open Knowledge Foundation’s open definition and the Obama Administration’s definition of ‘open data’ were basically adopted. In particular, the model was designed with the open-data attributes of the Obama Administration which has systematically suggested open data in the most specific manner including the OKF’s definition as the important scale of the basic model. Findings: This study attempted to propose assessment indexes which can measure outcome by applying them to science and technology open data provided by the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) after reviewing current leading assessment models and indexes as well as definition of open data.The purpose of this study is to reconfigure open-data assessment which has been performed on government data with new assessment model and index which are applicable to the science and technology open data provided by the KISTI. In terms of a scope of assessment index development for outcome measurement, this study was performed against science and technology open data which have been provided in a liked open data format by the KISTI. The results would be directly used or referred to in the assessment of open data services by the government agency or information center which has managed open data as well as the KISTI. Improvements/Applications: The results would be directly used or referred to in the assessment of open data services by the government agency or information center which has managed open data.
Linked Open Data, Open Data, Open Data Index, Open Government, Web Index.
- Choi HR, Kwak CH, Cho M. A study to improve the public data management of the city of Busan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(15):1–6.
- Hyun M, Shin S, Kim H. The method for quality evaluation of open data in Korea. International Conference on Convergence Technology. 2015 Jul; 5(1):878–9.
- Open Knowledge Foundation. Open Data Handbook Documentation. 2012. Available from: http://opendatahandbook.org/en/
- Yu S. A systematic review of studies about patient privacy information protection in the time of convergence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(35):1–5.
- Hyunsook C, Jeongmin K. Utilization method of linked data profiles connecting curricula and digital content. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S9):373–83.
- Hyun MH, Shin SM, Kim HS. Application of linked open data on sharing library data in Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1–4.
- Davies T. Open Data Barometer: 2013 global report. World Wide Web Foundation and Open Data Institute; 2013.
- Martin S, Foulonneau M, Turki S. 1-5 stars: Metadata on the openness level of open data sets in Europe. Research Conference on Metadata and Semantic Research. Springer International Publishing; 2013 Nov. p. 234–45.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.