Total views : 169
An Empirical Study on Factors Affecting Smart Factory Introduction Performance from a BSC Perspective: Focus on Manufacturing Firms
Background/Objectives: This study doesn’t introduce the process of manufacturing system in smart factory of company but conducts a study on smart manufacturing’s ultimate goal which is to systematically view and identify the success factors through production system introduction and utilization. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, BSC model was chosen to measure the performance of the enterprise on smart factory and it was modified to fit the purpose of this study. Factors that influences smart factory introduction are user engagement, goal clarification, and capacity of development enterprises. Three specific factors that were found as ERP success factors were drawn from related prior studies. We found out if these influence factors leads to successful introduction and if it would bring positive impact by re-incorporating the study of structural practices and commenting and creating important variables. Findings: We want to empirically identify the results after introducing smart factory through BSC model. First, user participation, introduction motive cost factor, introduction motive relationship factor, development industry’s capacity were four independent variables and using all four at once, PLS analyze result shows all four factors had positive influence on smart factory enterprise introduction. Secondly, when we analyze four categorized factors, user participation, introduction motive relationship factor, development industry’s capacity were important factors to increase learning outcome and process factor. Improvements/Applications: This study’s result provides practical implication of main factors that must be managed to ensure successful introduction to companies who wish to introduce the smart factory.
BSC, ICT, IoT, PLS, Smart Factory.
- Small and Medium Business Administration, Improving SME productivity for the implementation of the creative economy. Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http://www.smba.go.kr/webdata/board/SMBA_ NEWS_32/20130612092026252.hwp.files/Sections1.html.
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance, Improving SME productivity measures. Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from:http://www.gncci.or.kr/cms/board/Download.jsp?fileId=IUAjJDk4MjctLSQk.
- National Information Society Agency, Manufacturing Industries 4.0 and Creative Economy Strategy. Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: https://www.nia.or.kr.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Industry reference model for the Smart Factory Supply/Distribution 2015.Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http://www.smart-factory.kr/Service/Data/appl/EduDataView.asp.
- KOSMIA. 2015 Smart with Smart Manufacturing Technology Manufacturing Technology Conference before 2015.Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http://vq42.com/up/?u=34.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. Manufacturing Innovation 3.0 Strategy Implementation Measures. Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http://www.motie.go.kr/motie/py/brf/motiebriefing/motiebriefing11.do?brf_ code_v=11#header.
- KOSF. A new era of economic innovation Hope Press Resources.Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http:// www.smart-factory.kr/Service/Main/appl/Main.asp.
- Ives B, Olson MH, Baroudi JJ. The Measurement of User Information Satisfaction. Communications of the ACM.1983; 26(10):785–93.
- Abrahamson E. Managerial fads and Fashion: The Diffusion and Rejection of Innovations. Academy of Management Review. 1991; 16(3):586–612.
- Ang JSK, Sum CC, Chung WF. Critical Success Factors in Implementing MRP and Government Assistance: a Singapore context. Information and Management. 1995; 29(2):63–70.
- Bhatti TR. Critical Success Factors for the Implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP): Empirical Validation, The Second International Conference on Innovation in Information Technology. 2005; p. 1-10.
- Sommers TM, Neleson K. The Impact of Critical Success Factors across the Stages of Enterprise Resource Planning Implementations. IEEE Proceedings of the 34th Hawaii International Conference on System Science. 2001; p. 3–6.
- Hirschheim R. Information Systems Epistemology: An Historical Perspective. Amsterdam: Research Methods in Information Systems, proceedings of the IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing) WG 8.2 Colloquium, Manchester Business School, 1-3rd September 1984 (E. Mumford, G. Fitzgerald, R. Hirschheim and A. T.Wood-Harper Ed.). 1985; p. 13–35.
- Park CM. Yonsei University: Effects of Communication between System Analysts and Users on the Performance of Information System, Master’s thesis. 2000.
- Kim EH, Kim JJ, Jeong SR, Jeon SH. Effects of Change Management Characteristics on FRP Performance, Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society. 1999; 24(4):123–39.
- Ketler K, Walstrom J. The Outsourcing Decision, International Journal of Information Management. 1993;13(6):449–59.
- Kim NR, Hong SG.Theoretical Study on Information System Performance Evaluation. Korea Industrial Economy Conference 2007. Date accessed: 28/10/2016: Available from: http://www.kiea.ne.kr/2014/inner.php?sMenu=D1000.
- Park EM, Park ST. The Effectiveness of Absorptive Capacity Formation Mechanism on Innovation Performance by Industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1–9.
- Yun BN, Lim DH, Li G, Park ST. A Study on the Factors that Affect the Entrepreneurial Intention of Pre-Entrepreneurs: Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Self-Efficacy. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1-7.
- Im H, Park ST, Ko MH. A Study of Factors that Affect the Right to be Forgotten and Self-Disclosure Intent in SNS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1–8.
- Fornell C, Larcker DF. Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error.Journal of Marketing Research. 1981; 18(1):39–50.
- Chin WW. The partial least squares approach to structural equation modeling. Modern methods for business research.1998; p. 295–336.
- Kuntner MH, Nachtsheim C, Neter J. Irwin, McGraw Hill: Applied linear regression models. 2004.
- Wixom, BH, Watson HJ. An empirical investigation of the factors affection data warehousing success. MIS quarterly.2001; 25(1):17–41.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.