Total views : 111
Study on the Standardizaton of Signal Intensity Scale of Pixel Value in Digital Radiography
Objectives: The digital radiography image shows contrast by the difference between pixel values created in accordance with absorbance difference of transmitted X-ray to object. The purpose of this study is to propose the need of standardization of pixel value representation in digital radiography image. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The unprocessed images and processed images are obtained through various types of X-ray equipment and analyzed pixel values. Findings: As the result of pixel value analysis, the unprocessed images represented pixel values in accordance with X-ray signal intensity while processed images represented pixel values in accordance with gray scale. Improvements/Applications: In order to understand the relationship between radiation dose and pixel value in digital radiography image, the pixel value representation which reflects X-ray signal intensity is necessary.
Digital Radiography, Gray Scale, Pixel Value, Signal Intensity.
- Sonoda M, Takano M, Miyahara J. Computed radiography utilizing scanning laser stimulated luminescence.Radiology. 1983; 148(3):833–8.
- Dobbins JT, Ergun DL, Rutz L. DQE(f) of four generations of computed radiography acquisition devices. Medical Physics. 1995; 22(10):1581–93.
- Floyd CE, Warp RJ, Dobbins JT. Imaging characteristics of an amorphous silicon flat-panel detector for digital chest radiography. Radiology. 2001; 218(3):683–8.
- Spahn M, Strotzer M, Volk M. Digital radiography with a large-area, amorphous-silicon, flat-panel X-ray detector system. Investigative Radiology. 2000; 35(4):260–6.
- Korner M, Weber CH, Wirth S. Advances in digital radiography: physical principles and system overview.RadioGraphics. 2007; 27(3):675–86.
- Williams MB, Krupinski EA, Strauss KJ. Digital radiography image quality: Image acquisition. Journal of American College of Radiology. 2007; 4(6):371–88.
- Samei E, Flynn MJ. An experimental comparison of detector performance for direct and indirect digital radiography systems. Medical Physics. 2003; 30(4):608–22.
- Prokop M, Neitzel U, Schaefer-Prokop C. Principles of image processing in digital chest radiography. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 2003; 18(3):148–64.
- Sternberg SR. Grayscale morphology. Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing. 1986; 35(3):333–55.
- Janani P, Premaladha J, Ravichandran KS. Image enhancement techniques: A study. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(22):1–12.
- Sukassini MP, Velmurugan T. A survey on the analysis of segmentation techniques in mammogram images. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(22):1–8.
- Mustra M, Delac K, Grgic M. Overview of the DICOM standard. 50th Internatuional Symposium ELMAR; 2008. p.39–44.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.