Total views : 145
Scalable and Multimedia Compatible Dynamic Routing Protocol for MANET
Objectives: This paper concentrates on exchanging the multimedia content through MANET nodes in a reliable and scalable manner. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Recently Wireless Mobile Adhoc Networks become reliable, Internet Independent and low-cost solution for communication and data exchange in personal digital computers. As on MANETs are used only for vocal communication and text message sending purpose. Due to the wide usage of multimedia content like images, videos and audio files is a need to upgrade the MANETs for multimedia support. To achieve this, a hybrid routing protocol for multimedia data exchange is introduced, it is named as “Scalable and Multimedia compatible Dynamic Routing Protocol (SMDR) for MANETS”. Findings: After implementation of the proposed protocol the several things from results are obtained. It conducted the experiments with SMDR protocol and compared the results with popular ad-hoc protocols like AODV and OLSR. This protocol resolves the issues of multimedia content exchange over MANET nodes under various circumstances. In perspective of speed, scalability and efficiency SMDR protocol recorded the best results over AODV and OLSR. From the experimental analysis and result is noticed that, the protocol is very suitable for mobile ad-hoc networks to transfer multimedia content. Application/Improvements: In future, we are trying to extend this paper to elaborate this protocol to support multimedia content in a distinct way at each multimedia type level. This future work process increases the scalability in multimedia transfer content and also improves the accuracy in a reliable manner.
Ad-Hoc routing, Data Clustering, Data Transfer, MANETs, Multimedia Content, Routing
- Cordeiro CD, Gossain H, Agrawal DP. Multicast over wireless mobile ad hoc networks: Present and future directions.IEEE Network. 2003 Feb; 17(1), pp. 52–59. Crossref
- Gui C, Mohapatra P. Efficient overlay multicast for mobile ad hoc networks. Proc IEEE WCNC’03; New Orleans, LA.2003 Mar. p. 389–94.
- Bai R, Singal M. DOA: DSR over AODV routing for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.2006 Oct; 5(10):1403–16. Crossref
- Perkins CE, Belding-Royer EM, Das SR. Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing. Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Draft. 2002 Nov; 2(9):1462–71.
- Optimized Link State Routing Protocol. Crossref
- Xiang X, Zhou Z, Wang X. Robust and scalable geographic multicast protocol for mobile ad-hoc networks. 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications IEEE INFOCOM 2007; 2007 May. p. 2301–5. Crossref
- HIPERCOM: High Performance Communication.Crossref
- Qin L. Pro-active route maintenance in DSR [MS thesis].Ottawa-Carleton Institute of Computer Science. Canada: Carleton University; 2001.
- Boukerche A, Rogers S. GPS query optimization in mobile and wireless networks. Proc of the 6th IEEE Computers and Communications Conference; 2001 Jul. p. 198–203.
- Boppana RV, Konduru SP. An adaptive distance vector routing algorithm for mobile, ad hoc networks. IEEE INFOCOM and Joint Conference of the Computer and Communications Societies. 2001 Apr 3. p. 1753–62. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.