Total views : 223
Photoluminescence studies of Eu3+ doped Y2O3 phosphor
Objectives: This paper reports the efficiency studies of Eu3+ doped Yttrium Oxide red phosphor suitable for lamps and display applications. Methods: The samples are synthesized by conventional solid-state reaction method using consistent oxide materials. Findings: The prepared phosphor material is characterized with Powder X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) and Energy Dispersive X-ray Analysis (EDAX) techniques. The Photoluminescence characteristics of the sample are studied using UV excitation light of 258 nm. Upon excitation with UV light, the phosphor show a strong red emission line at around 612 nm corresponds to the electric dipole transition 5D0→7F2 of Eu3+ and the PL intensity increases with increasing Eu3+ doping concentration. Applications: This material appears to be promising red emission which is suitable for lamp industry and display devices.
Photoluminescence, EDAX, Phosphors, XRD, UV Excitation, Y2O3:Eu3+
- Shionoya S, Yen MW. Phosphor handbook. CRC press, Boston, London; 1999. p. 921.
- Smets BMJ. Phosphors based on rare-earths, a new era in fluorescent lighting. Materials Chemistry and Physics, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 1987 Feb 16; 16(3–4):283–99. Crossref.
- Ronda CR. Recent achievement in research on phosphor for lamps and displays. Journal of Luminescence, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 1997 Jun; 72–74:49–54. Crossref.
- Ronda CR. Phosphors for lamps and displays: an applicational view. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 1995 Jul 15; 225(1–2):534–8. Crossref.
- Kim CH, Kwon II-E, Park C-H, Hwang Y-J, Bae H-S, Yu B-Y, Pyun C-H, Hong G-Y. Phosphors for plasma display panels. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2000 Oct 12; 311(1):33–9. Crossref.
- Serra OA, Cicillini SA, Ishiki RR. A new procedure to obtain Eu3+ doped oxide and oxosalt phosphors. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2000 May 24; 303–304:316–9. Crossref.
- Raun S-K, Zhou J-G, Zhong A-M, Duan J-F, Yang X-B, Su M-Z. Synthesis of Y3Al5O12:Eu3+ phosphor by sol-gel method and its luminescence behavior. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 1998 Jul 24; 275277:72–5. Crossref.
- Park C-H, Park S-J, Yu B-Y, Bae S-H, Kim C-H, Pyun C-H, Guang-Yan H. VUV excitation of Y3Al5O12: Tb phosphor prepared by a sol-gel process. Journal of Material Science Letters. 2000 Feb; 19(4):335–8. Crossref.
- Ravichandran D, Roy R, White WB, Erdei S. Synthesis and characterization of sol-gel derived hexa-aluminate phosphors. Journal of Materials Research. 1997 Mar; 12(3):819–24. Crossref.
- Justel T, Nikol H, Ronda C. New developments in the field of luminescent materials for lighting and displays.
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 1998 Dec; 37:3084–103. Crossref.
- Gaft M, Panczer G, Reisfeld R, Shinno I, Champagnon B, Boulon G. Laser-induced Eu3+ luminescence in zircon ZrSiO4. Journal of Luminescene, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2000 May; 87–89:1032–5. Crossref
- Rainho JP, Carlos LD, Rocha J. New phosphors based on Eu3+-doped microporous titanosilicates. Journal of Luminescence, Elsevier, ScienceDirect. 2000 May; 87–89:1083–6. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.