Total views : 138
Nano Crystalline SnO2: An Alternative Method for Experimental Estimation of Reduced Effective Mass of Excitons
Background: In this work, SnO2 nanoparticles were successfully prepared by using Co-precipitation route, from hydrous SnCl2.2H2O (98% Merck) using aqueous ammonia, this method found to be very facile and cost-effective. Methods: The samples characterized by various techniques such as, TEM, XRD and UV–Vis spectroscopy. In this paper, an alternative way presented for experimental estimation of reduced effective mass of exciton for semiconductor nanoparticles. Results: A semiconductor nanoparticle obtained from UV-visible spectrum and uses the effective mass approximation model, which related the energy band gap to the reduced effective mass of exciton (μ) and size of nanoparticles (R). In this paper, SnO2 nanoparticles that are semiconductors are chosen for size estimations. The UV-visible spectrum shown that wavelength of edge has been occurred in 344.5 nm. The reduced effective mass of exciton acquired 2.495 X 10-31 Kg, using the effective mass approximation model. Conclusion: The results of this study are in well concurrence with results that are obtained from literatures.
Alternative Method, Exciton, Nano Crystalline, Reduced Effective Mass, Sno2
- Efros A. Inter-band absorption of light in a semiconductor sphere. Soviet Physics Semiconductors.1982; 16:772-55.
- Wang Y, Suna A, Mahler W, Kasowski R. Ag7 cluster: Pentagonal bi pyramid. Journal of Chemical Physics. 1987; 87:24-54.
- Baghchesaraei, Reza O, Hossein HL, Baghchesaraei A.Behavior of prefabricated structures in developed and developing countries. Bulletin de la Societe des Sciences de Liege. 2016; 85:1229-34.
- Brus LE. He quantum mechanics of larger semiconductor clusters -quantum dots. Pysical Chemistry. 1986; 90:25-55.
- Provenzano PL, Jindal GR, White WB. Flame-excited luminescence in the oxides Ta2O5 Nb2O5 TiO2 ZnO and SnO2. Journal of Luminescence. 2000; 192:297-305.
- Lee EH, Ribeiro C, Giraldi TR, Longo E, Leite ER, Varela J. A 236-Ghz Fe3+ Epr study of nano-particles of the Ferro-magnetic room-temperature semiconductor Sn1Xfexo2(X=0.005). Applied Physics Letter. 2004; 84:98-117.
- Baghchesaraei, Alireza, Kaptan MV, Baghchesaraei OR. Using prefabrication systems in building construction.International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10:44258-62.
- Baghchesaraei, Reza O, Baghchesaraei A. Analytical survey of structural engineering and long-term resistive environmental elements in an Iranian magnificent palace. International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering. 2014; 4:372-80.
- Jalalpoor S. Survey the role of in vivo and in vitro condition to expiration of nano structure para crystalline layer gene in bacteria. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2012; 5:21-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.