Total views : 106
Channel Estimation for MIMO-OFDM Systems
Channel estimation is a very important process in the operation of MIMO-OFDM systems, as it is vital for accurately estimating the Channel Impulse Response (CIR) of the channel under various conditions. As such, it is useful to have a Simulink simulation to model the behavior of the channel estimation process in a MIMO-OFDM system, in order to study the error rate of the system under different modulation and SNR conditions. As one of the most common transmitter diversity schemes used in MIMO-OFDM systems is Alamouti’s Space Time Block Code (STBC), a Simulink model is developed for performing channel estimation, assuming that the STBC is used. The model will then generate graphs of error rates vs SNR for different modulation schemes. The results show great improvement in Bit Error Rate (BER) by utilizing a Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction code (RS-FEC) method.
Alamouti’s ST Block Code, MIMO-OFDM, STBC, Channel Estimation, IEEE802.16a, MIMO-OFDM MATLAB®/ Simulink.
- IEEE802.16a. IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks. Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems–Medium Access Control Modifications and Additional Physical Layer Specifications for 2-11GHz; 2003.
- Durgin GD. Space-Time Wireless Channels. Prentice Hall; 2003.
- Alamouti SM. Simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications. IEEE Journal on Select Areas in Communications. 1998; 16:1451–8.
- Belotserkovsky M. An equalizer initialization algorithm for OFDM receivers. International Conference on Consumer Electronics Digest of Technical Papers; 2002.p. 372–3.
- Prasad R. OFDM for wireless communications system.Artech House Inc Publications.
- Drieberg M, Min YK, Jeoti V. Simulation of 1x1,2x1 and 2x2 MIMO-OFDM: A case study in IEEE802.16a. The 16th International Conference on Wireless Communications; 2004 Jul 12-14. Calgary, Canada.
- Driberg M, Min YK, Jeoti V. A simple channel estimation method for MIMO-OFDM in IEEE802.16a. IEEE Journal. 0-7803-8560-8; 2004.
- Wan Y, et al. Channel estimation in DCT based OFDM.The Scientific World Journal. 2014.
- Puja IG, et al. An RF signal processing based diversity scheme for MIMO-OFDM systems. IEICE Transaction on Fundmental of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences. 2012; E95-A(2):515–24.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.