Total views : 79
A Study on the Recovery of Pb-Sn Alloy from Spent Photovoltaic Ribbons
This study aimed to develop a process that collects copper by thermally separating coating layers from copper ribbon electrodes in an anaerobic environment. Coating layers of copper ribbon electrodes were produced from an alloy of lead and tin that was easily melted and separated thermodynamically at a temperature of 300°C or higher. For the thermal process of coating layers of lead and tin without oxidation, the reactor environment should be kept anaerobic. An oxygen partial pressure of 10-70 atm was maintained by reacting argon gas with magnesium in advance for this environment. While maintaining the thermal process temperature at 800°C, copper of 9.5 wt.% was collected by separation from the alloy coating layers.
Coating Layer ,Copper Ribbon, Lead, Tin
- GPC Europe. Take-back and recycling system. Available from: www.gpceurope.com/en/pv-cycle -2
- Wamback K, Schlenker S, Muller A.A Voluntary Take Back Scheme and Industrial Recycling of Photovoltaic Modules.SolarWorld. 2009.
- Breyer A.PV Recycling: The need to be double- green. 2011.
- PV CYCLE. Association Monthly status report.2013.
- Fraunhofer IBP.LCA Screening of the Maltha recycling process for Silicon based PV modules.2012.
- Lee JS, Jang BY, Kim JS, Ahn YS, Kang GH, Wang JP.Recovery of copper from spent photovoltaic ribbon in solar module.Journal of Korean Institute of Resources Recycling. 2013; 22(5):50–5.
- Lee JS, Wang JP, Lee WJ, Kim YH, Jung WC. Study on fabrication of high purity copper from spent photovoltaic ribbon in solar module.of Resources Recycling. 2014; 33–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.