Total views : 103
Study on Building Educational Mobile Application Contents Focusing on Korean Loanwords for North Korean Refugees
Objectives: Due to the advance in mobile computing technologies, mobile assisted language learning is being developed. In this study, build a mobile education application regarding loanwords for North Korean Refugees. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study covers the necessity and practical cases of loanword selection and building application contents in advance to forming educational application contents regarding loanwords for North Korean refugees. For this, this study has extracted vocabulary based on the living environments, which refugees will encounter in their processes of adapting to life in South Korea. The vocabularies are presented in different categories, divided by situations and places. Findings: An effective and practical approach to vocabulary teaching is needed for North Korean refugees whose ultimate goal is to settle down in Korean society. It would help them adjust to their Korean lives to link their daily lives closely to loan words that pose a challenge to communication. Presenting loanwords through mobile devices that are relatively more accessible and easier to prepare will be helpful for the refugees to search, understand, and utilize the necessary vocabularies. This kind of information provision makes full use of the expandability of mobile devices, and further enables more diverse and bountiful materials for vocabulary learning. Improvements/Applications: Compiling a list of useful loan words in the future based on this study would serve as a more practical help for North Korean refugees.
Application, Educational Contents, Loanword, Mobile Environment, North Korean Refugees.
- Myung-Sun S, Hee KS, Kyung YS, Sun KB, Hoon JS.Basic study on developing vocabulary-learning materials for North Korean refugees. National Institute of Korean Language. 2010.
- National Institute of Korean Language. Comparative language dictionary of North and South Korean. Unified Korean Language information search program. 2007.
- Myung-Sun S, Hee KS. A Proposal of Korean Vocabulary Education for North Korean Refugee. Journal of the International Network for Korean Language and Culture.2011; 8(2):57–89.
- Bezircilioglu S. Mobile assisted language learning. Journal of Educational and instructional studies in the world. 2016; 6(1):9–12.
- Shanmugapriya M, Tamilarasi A. Design and Development of Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL) application for English Language using Android Push Notification Services. International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology. 2013; 2(6):329–38.
- Shim H-C, Shim H-R. Study on building up m-learning vocabulary contents for teenage Korean language learners who aim to settle down in Korea. Korea Knowledge Information Technology Society. 2011; 6(6):111–9.
- National Institute of Korean Language. Korean vocabulary education for North Korean refugee. Pagijong Press. 2012.
- Shim H-R, Erina T. Study on building loanword application for North Korean refugees. International Conference on Internet of Things and Convergence. 2015.
- Lee EW, Shon JG, Kim Y. Design and Implementation of English Learning Application for Early Childhood. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S7):679–85.
- Hong SR, Shin IY. The Application of Multimedia and Wireless Technology in Education. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(20):1–11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.