Total views : 115
Development of a Balancing Robot with 2-wheels using the Smart In-Wheel Motor
A Balancing Robot with 2-Wheel using a Smart In-Wheel Motor based on an inverted pendulum model was introduced. Lately, research has been widely carried out for the inverted pendulum system. It because inverted pendulum systems have non-linearity characteristics, so it is an example of a good model to evaluate the performance of the controller. In this paper, a fuzzy logic control system design based on an inverted pendulum model is proposed to control a Segway-type robot, which is an inverted pendulum mobile robot. By designing a fuzzy logic system for control of the robot, the usefulness of control performance was confirmed, and measures to simplify the complexity of the controller design and to reduce the complex calculations of the controller were proposed.
In-Wheel Motor, Inverted Pendulum Model, Control System, Segway-type, Balancing Robot
- Available from: Segway, http://www.segway.com. Park JH. Fuzzy-logic zero-moment-point trajectory generation for reduced trunk motion of biped robots. Fuzzy Set Techniques for Intelligent Robotic Systems. 2003; 134(1).
- Yoon JH, Park JH. Locomotion control of biped robots with serially-linked parallel legs. The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A. 34. pp. 683~693. 2010.
- Lee SH, Rhee SY. Dynamic modeling of a wheeled inverted pendulum for inclined road and changing its center of gravity. Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems. 2012; 22(1):69–74.
- Lee SH, Park JG. Simulation for implementing attitude controller of wheeled inverted pendulum. The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers,Spring and Autumn Conference; 2006. 197–6.
- Ha HU, Lee JM. Control of mobile inverted pendulum using single acceleromete. Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems. 2012; 16(5).
- Nawawi SW, Ahmad MN, Osman JHS. Control of twowheels inverted pendulum mobile robot using full order sliding mode control. Proceedings of International Conference on Man-Machine System, Lankawi, Malaysia; 2006 Sep 15–16.
- Ghani NMA, Yatim NIM, Azmi NA. comparative assessment for two wheels inverted pendulum mobile robot using robust control. International Conference on Control, Automation and System; 2010. p. 562–7.
- Nawawi SW, Ahmad MN, Osman JHS. Real-time control of a two-wheeled inverted pendulum mobile Robot.International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering. 2008; 2(3):406–12.
- Pathak K, Franch J, Agrawal SK. Velocity and position control of a wheeled inverted pendulum by partial feedback linearization. IEEE Transaction on Robotics. 2005; 21(3):505–13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.