Total views : 222
CO2 Reforming of Methane over Ni/Ce-SBA-15: Effects of Ce Addition
Background/Objectives: The effects of Ce loading (1-7 wt%) on the properties of Ni/SBA-15 andCO2 dry reforming with methane was studied. Methods/StatisticalAnalysis: The physicochemical properties of the catalysts were analyzed by XRD, BET, TEM and FTIR. Catalytic performance of catalyst was performed using a fixed bed reactor at 700°C. Findings: NCS7 catalyst had the highest activity and good stability with CH4 conversion, CO2 conversion and H2/CO ratio of 94.9%, 95.1%, and 0.99, respectively. This can be attributed to the Ce ensuring a good Ni dispersion and inhibited the carbon deposition on the catalyst surfaces. Moreover, high Ce loading of NCS7 promoting the formation of a significant synergy effect between Ni active sites with SBA-15 for target reaction. Application/Improvements: The result presented is very promising to improve the GHGs conversion strategies for the production of useful chemical products.
Cerium, Nickel, SBA-15, Sol-Gel, Syngas
- Yan BH, Wang Q, Jin Y, Cheng Y. Dry reforming of methane with carbon dioxide using pulsed DC arc plasma at atmospheric pressure. Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing.2010 Apr 1; 30(2):257–66. Crossref
- Craciun R, Daniell W, Knözinger H. The effect of CeO2 structure on the activity of supported Pd catalysts used for methane steam reforming. Applied Catalysis A: General.2002 Apr 30; 230(1):153–68. Crossref
- Pompeo F, Nichio NN, Souza MM, Cesar DV, Ferretti OA, Schmal M. Study of Ni and Pt catalysts supported on α-Al2O3 and ZrO2 applied in methane reforming with CO2.Applied Catalysis A: General. 2007 Jan 10; 316(2):175–83.Crossref
- Fan MS, Abdullah AZ, Bhatia S. Catalytic technology for carbon dioxide reforming of methane to synthesis gas.
- Chem Cat Chem. 2009 Oct 5; 1(2):192–208. Crossref
- Zhang S, Muratsugu S, Ishiguro N, Tada M. Ceria-doped Ni/SBA-16 catalysts for dry reforming of methane. ACS Catalysis. 2013 Jul 22; 3(8):1855–64. Crossref
- Albarazi A, Beaunier P, Da Costa P. Hydrogen and syngas production by methane dry reforming on SBA-15 supported nickel catalysts: on the effect of promotion by Ce 0.75 Zr 0.25 O2 mixed oxide. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2013 Jan 11; 38(1):127–39. Crossref
- Laskowski Ł, Laskowska M, Bałanda M, Fitta M, Kwiatkowska J, Dziliński K, Karczmarska A. Mesoporous silica SBA-15 functionalized by nickel–phosphonic units: Raman and magnetic analysis. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials.2014 Dec 31; 200:253–9. Crossref
- Aziz MA, Jalil AA, Triwahyono S, Saad MW. CO2 methanation over Ni-promoted mesostructured silica nanoparticles: Influence of Ni loading and water vapor on activity and response surface methodology studies. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2015 Jan 15; 260:757–64. Crossref
- Yan H, Lu P, Pan Z, Wang X, Zhang Q, Li L. Ce/SBA-15 as a heterogeneous ozonation catalyst for efficient mineralization of dimethyl phthalate. Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical. 2013 Oct 31; 377:57–64. Crossref
- Thitsartarn W, Maneerung T, Kawi S. Highly active and durable Ca-doped Ce-SBA-15 catalyst for biodiesel production.Energy. 2015 Sep 30; 89:946–56. Crossref
- Mahoney EG, Pusel JM, Stagg-Williams SM, Faraji S. The effects of Pt addition to supported Ni catalysts on dry (CO2) reforming of methane to syngas. Journal of CO2 Utilization.2014 Jun 30; 6:40–4.
- Quek XY, Liu D, Cheo WN, Wang H, Chen Y, Yang Y. Nickelgrafted TUD-1 mesoporous catalysts for carbon dioxide reforming of methane. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2010 Apr 6; 95(3):374–82. Crossref
- Ma Z, Wang X, Wei S, Yang H, Zhang F, Wang P, Xie M, Ma J. Cu (I) immobilized on functionalized SBA-15: A recyclable catalyst for the synthesis of 1, 3-diynes using terminal alkynes without base. Catalysis Communications. 2013 Sep 5; 39:24–9. Crossref
- Ye W, Lin Z, Dong B, Kang J, Zheng X, Wang X. Preparation and Catalytic Properties of Ti-SBA-15 Mesoporous Materials. Materials Sciences and Applications. 2011 Jun 24; 2(06):661. Crossref
- Alipour Z, Rezaei M, Meshkani F. Effects of support modifiers on the catalytic performance of Ni/Al2O3 catalyst in CO2 reforming of methane. Fuel. 2014 Aug 1; 129:197–203.Crossref
- Feng-man Sun, Chang-feng Yan, Zhi-da Wang, Chang-qing Guo, Shi-lin Huang. Ni/CeeZreO catalyst for high CO2 conversion during reverse water gas shift reaction (RWGS). International journal of hydrogen energy. 2015; 40:15985–93. Crossref
- Mingchen T, Long X, Maohong F. Effect of Ce on 5 wt% Ni/ZSM-5 catalysts in the CO2 reforming of CH4 reaction. International journal of hydrogen energy. 2014 Aug 21; 39:15482–96. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.