Total views : 93
Ionic Liquid as Supported Liquid Membrane for Determination of Antidepressants from River Water
Objectives: Anew micro-extraction technique, termed Ionic Liquid Impregnated Agarose Film Micro-Extraction (IL-AF-LPME) was developed for the determination of selected tricyclic antidepressant drugs prior to their determination using High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Ultraviolet Detection (HPLC-UV). Methods/Statistical Analysis: Agarose film impregnated with ionic liquid (1-hexyl-3-methyl-imidazolium hexafluorophosphate) was utilized as supported liquid membrane between donor phase and acceptor phase. Three selected tricyclic drugs namely; imipramine, amitriptyline and chlorpromazine were employed as model compounds. Two important parameters namely, sample pH and extraction time comprehensively optimized while other parameters, stirring speed and acceptor phase volume were kept constant. Findings: Under the optimized IL-AF-LPME conditions, the proposed method provided good linearity with coefficients of determination (r2>/sup>) (0.9972-0.9984) and low Limits Of Detections (LODs) in the range of 0.0872-0.4273 μg L-1. High percentage recoveries were also obtained (89.9-108.2 %) for the real samples. Application/Improvements: This developed method was successfully utilized agarose film impregnated ionic liquid as supported ionic liquid membrane to the determination of selected tricycle antidepressants in river water sample.
Antidepressants, Ionic Liquid, River Water, Supported Liquid Membrane.
- Loh SH, Sanagi MM, Ibrahim WAW, Hasan MN. Solvent-impregnated agarose gel liquid phase micro-extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in water. J Chromatogr. 2013; 1302:14-9.
- Eibak LEE, Gjelstad A, Rasmussen KE, Pedersen-Bjergaard S. Exhaustive electro-membrane extraction of some basic drugsfrom human plasma followed by liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2012; 57:33-8.
- Sarafraz-Yazdi A, Amiri A. Liquid-phase micro-extraction. TrAC Trends Anal Chem. 2010; 29:1-14.
- Psillakis E, Kalogerakis N. Developments in liquid-phase microextraction. TrAC Trends Anal Chem. 2003; 22(9):565-74.
- Snow NH. Solid-phase micro-extraction of drugs from biological matrices. J Chromatogr. 2000; 885(1):445-55.
- Alcudia-Leon, Lucena R, Cardenas S, Valcarcel M. Determination of phenols in waters by stir membrane liquid–liquid–liquid micro-extraction coupled to liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr. 2011; 1218(16):2176-81.
- Ghambarian, M., Yamini, Y., Esrafili, A. Three-phase hollow fiber microextraction based on two immiscible organic solvents for determination of tricyclic antidepressant drugs: comparison with conventional three-phase hollow fiber microextraction. J. Chromatogr. A 2012;1222, 5-12.
- Sanagi, M. M., Loh, S. H., Ibrahim, W. A. W, Hasan MN. Solvent-Impregnated Agarose Gel Liquid Phase Microextraction for the Analysis of Triazine Herbicides in Water. J Selcuk Univ- Natural Appl Sci. 2013; 337-45.
- Chamnanvatchakit P, Prodpran T, Benjakul S, Prasarpran S. Use of Epoxidized Natural Rubber (ENR) for property improvement of gelatin film. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(36). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i36/54343
- Loh SH, Sanagi MM, Ibrahim WAW, Hasan MN. Multi-walled carbon nanotube-impregnated agarose film microextraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in green tea beverage. Talanta. 2013; 106:200-5.
- Sanagi MM, Loh SH, Ibrahim WAW, Hasan MN. Agarose film liquid phase microextraction combined with gas chromatography–mass spectrometry for the determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in water. J Chromatogr. 2012; 1262:43-8.
- Crini G. Recent developments in polysaccharide-based materialsused as adsorbents in wastewater treatment. Prog Polym Sci Polym Sci. 2005; 30:38-70.
- Lozano LJ, Godinez C, De Los Rios AP, Hernandez-Fernandez FJ, Sanchez-Segado S, Alguacil FJ. Recent advances in supported ionic liquid membrane technology. Journal of Membrane Science. 2011; 376(1):1-14.
- Sanagi MM, Mohamad HNS, Ismail AK, Wan Ibrahim WA, Saim N, Yahaya N. Two-phase electrodriven membrane extraction combined with liquid chromatography for the determination of tricyclic antidepressants in aqueous matrices. Anal Methods. 2014; 6:8802–9.
- Davarani SS, Morteza-Najarian A, Nojavan S, Pourahadi A, Abbassi MB. Two-phase electromembrane extraction followed by gas chromatography- mass spectrometry analysis. J Sep Sci. 2013; 36:736-43.
- Esrafili A, Yamini Y, Shariati S. Hollow fiber-based liquid phase microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography for extraction and determination of some antidepressant drugs in biological fluids. Analytica Chimica Acta. 2007; 604(2):127-33.
- FluidsChe 2017 official website. http://fluidsche.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/
- The Center of Excellence for Advanced Research in Fluid Flow (CARIFF) http://cariff.ump.edu.my/
- Ranganathan B., Gimbun J., Gajendran N. Fluid dynamics – International Conference on Fluids and Chemical Engineering- FluidChE 2017, Malaysia, Special Issue, Vol: 1. Indian Journal of science and technology. 2017, 10(2), 1-5
- University Malaysia Pahang. www.ump.edu.my
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.