Total views : 161
Algorithms for Establishment and Reconfiguration of Optical Information Network for Multi-Agent Robotic System
Background/Objectives: Multi-agent Robotic Systems (MRS) with supervisory control can solve important practical tasks. For efficient MRS operation it is required to provide high speed (over 1 Gb/s) wireless communication between its agents. Methods: The implementation of the required high-speed data interchange in a multi-agent system is only possible when using wireless optical links. Low divergence of laser radiation is an important advantage of these lines, but it greatly complicates the task of establishing and reconfiguring optical information systems. Findings: The paper discusses possible algorithms for solving problems of the establishment and reconfiguration of an optical information system with respect to MRS, which is being developed within the framework of an applied research funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Improvements/Novelty: By means of dynamic reconfiguration of the network the proposed algorithms for optical information network construction enable to provide reliable data transfer between the MRS agents at their mutual movement and link loss variation.
Algorithm for Establishing an Optical Information Network, Communication Channel Reconfiguration Algorithm, Communication Terminal, Multi-Agent Robotic System, Laser Beacon, Optical Amplifier, Optical Information System, Signal Laser Channel.
- Desai A, Milner S. Autonomous reconfiguration in freespace optical sensor networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2005; 23(8):1556–63. DOI: 10.1364/JOCN.6.000215.
- Davis CC, Smolyaninov II, Milner SD. Flexible optical high data rate wireless links and networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2003, 41(3), 51–57. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2003.1186545
- Desai A, Llorca J, Milner SD. Autonomous reconfiguration of backbones in free-space optical networks. IEEE Military Communications Conference. (MILCOM); 2004. p. 1226– 32. DOI: 10.1109/MILCOM 1495119.
- Llorca J, Desai A, Vishkin U, Davis C, Milner SD. Reconfigurable optical wireless sensor networks. Proceedings SPIE, Optics in Atmospheric Propagation and Adaptive Systems VI. 2004; 5237(1):136–46. DOI: 10.1117/12.511368.
- Nazarova AV, Ryzhova TP. Methods and algorithms for multi-agent control of robotic system. Engineering Journal: Science and Innovation. Moscow: Bauman MSTU Press. 2012; 6(6):93–105. DOI: 10.18698/2308-6033-2012-6-251.
- Lokhin VM, Manko SV, Romanov MP, Diane SA-K. Prospects of application, design concepts and problems of development of multi-agent robotic systems. Proceedings of XII All-Russian Conference on Control Problems. Moscow, 2014 Jun 16–19; 2014. p. 3810–21.
- Mai VV, Pham AT. Performance analysis of cooperativeARQ schemes in free-space optical communications. IEICE Transactions on Communications. 2011; E94-B(1):1–10. DOI: 10.1587/transcom. E94.B.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.