Total views : 131
Object Oriented System as Applied to Jack-Up Analysis
Jack-up is a type of movable offshore structure that comprises of foundation, leg and hull. Its analysis requires finite element analyses to generate a reliable structural responses under different geometrical configurations and loading types, especially during the conceptual phase. In this phase, the objective is to seek a vigorous and economical structural configuration. This paper presents the application of an object-oriented approach in developing finite element software for jack-up analysis within the MATLAB environment. The objective is to update the cycle of data preparation and analysis. In this finite element tool, with a simple command, any changes in the jack-up element such as material, basic geometrical dimensions and loading types are easily changed. This paper also provides a further illustration of the usefulness and potential of the object oriented perspective. A detail discussion of the structural analyzer sub system with regard to structural optimization and structural design has been additionally specified. Examples are given for application for creation of different configurations of jackup structures.
Finite Element Method, Jack-Up, Object-oriented Approach.
- Dean ETR. Predicting punchthrough of jackup spud-cans on sand over clay. Int J Geomech. 2012; 13(6):869–76.
- , Le Tirant P. Stability and operation of jackup. Editions Technip. 1993; 4.
- Harahap ISH, Macam VR Jr, Mustapha M. A new approach of structural analysis in conjunction with structural design and optimization. Platform. 2007; 5(2):29–31.
- Kong XA, Chen DP. An object-oriented design of FEM programs. Comput Struct. 1995; 57(1):157–66.
- Yu L, Kumar AV. Object-oriented modular framework for implementing the finite element method. Compu. Struct. 2001; 79(9):919–28.
- Kong XA. A data design approach for object-oriented FEM programs. Comput Struct. 1996; 61(3):503–13.
- Smith B. Object oriented programming. Advanced Action Script 3. Apress; 2015. p. 1–23.
- Bansal M, Agrawal CP. Critical analysis of object oriented metrics in software development. 2014 Fourth International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies; 2014. p. 197–201.
- Al Dallal J. Identifying refactoring opportunities in object-oriented code: A systematic literature review. Information and Software Technology. 2015; 58:231–49.
- Ali MS, Ali Babar M, Chen L, Stol KJ. A systematic review of comparative evidence of aspect-oriented programming. Inf Softw Technol. 2010; 52(9): 871–87.
- MacKie RI. Object-oriented approach to calculation control in finite element programs. Comput Struct. 2000; 77(5):461–74.
- MATLAB. The Mathworks. MA, USA: Inc. Natick; 2013.
- Neidinger RD. Introduction to automatic differentiation and MATLAB object-oriented programming. SIAM Rev. 2010; 52(3):545–63.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.