Total views : 121
Implementation of Modified Circular Split Ring as an Alternative Metasurface to Improve Directivity of a Small Transceiver
This paper addresses on using circular split ring (CSR) unit cell (Ucell) organized in a sporadic way and its electromagnetic band-gap (EBg) characteristics as an option to divert surface wave.CSR Ucell was ideally composed utilizing Eigen-mode Solver (EmS) and Advanced Krylov Sub-space (AKs) calculation to achieve a targeted full wave scattering chart. This CSR course of action have been able to create a steady bandgap existing from 5.8 GHz to 5.9516 GHz. Thorough examination was done to check whether surface wave from a little transceiver with the joining of single layer CSRUcell going about as a mirror, can be influenced. This plan was discovered able to give a proper reflection phase to go about as a mirror and can elevate the resonator gain, efficiency and influence surface wave. The transceiver has an underlying return loss of - 10 dB with a straight reaction of 5.8 GHz and up to 5.9516 GHz is found workable used for this 50 Ohm transceiver purposes. A change of 0.39 and up to 0.74 dBi IEEE increase for the coveted frequency span have been realized. Non IEEE dBi perusing will be marginally lower and radiation productivity of 0.246. Such effectiveness esteem is increased to 0.406 once the CSREBg mirror is embedded.
EBg, Efficiency, Full Wave Scattering Chart
- Dwivedi S, Mishra V, Kosta YP. Metamaterial inspired patch antenna miniaturization technique for satellite. 2012 1st International Conference in Emerging Technology Trends in Electronics, Communication and Networking (ET2ECN), IEEE. 2012 Dec 19. p. 1–6.
- Urbanec T, Kovacs P. Electromagnetic band gap structures: Practical tips and advice for antenna engineers.Radioengineering. 2012.
- Rajesh GS, Kumar V. CSRR Loaded Multi Substrate Antenna for 4G LTE and Wi-MAX Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct 27; 9(40).
- Rajaraman G, Anitha M, Mukerjee A, Sood K, Jyoti R. Dual-band, miniaturized, enhanced-gain patch antennas using differentially-loaded metastructures. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan 1; 8(1):11.
- Madhav BT, Manjeera M, Navya MS, Devi DS, Sumanth V. Novel Metamaterial Loaded Multiband Patch Antenna.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct 18; 9(38).
- Odabasi H, Teixeira FL. Electric-field-coupled resonators as metamaterial loadings for waveguide miniaturization.Journal of Applied Physics. 2013 Dec 7; 114(21):214901.
- Polemi A, Maci S, Kildal PS. Dispersion characteristics of a metamaterial-based parallel-plate ridge gap waveguide realized by bed of nails. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2011 Mar; 59(3):904–13.
- Quarfoth R, Sievenpiper D. Artificial tensor impedance surface waveguides. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013 Jul; 61(7):3597– 606.
- Duran-Sindreu M, Velez P, Bonache J, Martin F. High-order coplanar waveguide (CPW) filters implemented by means of open split ring resonators (OSRRs) and open complementary split ring resonators (OCSRRs). Metamaterials. 2011 Sep 30; 5(2):51–5.
- Xu HX, Wang GM, Qi MQ, Zhang CX, Liang JG, Gong JQ, Zhou YC. Analysis and design of two-dimensional resonant-type composite right/left-handed transmission lines with compact gain-enhanced resonant antennas. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013 Feb; 61(2):735–47.
- Wong JP, Selvanayagam M, Eleftheriades GV. Design of unit cells and demonstration of methods for synthesizing Huygens metasurfaces. Photonics and NanostructuresFundamentals and Applications. 2014 Aug 31;12(4):360–75.
- Gao L, Lin L, Hao J, Wang W, Ma R, Xu H, Yu J, Lu N, Wang W, Chi L. Fabrication of split-ring resonators by tilted nanoimprint lithography. Journal of colloid and interface science. 2011 Aug 1;360(1):320–3.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory: analysis and design. John Wiley & Sons; 2016 Feb 15.
- Studio CM. Workflow & Solver Overview. A discretization method for the solution of Maxwell’s equations for sixcomponent Fields. 2008.
- Xu W, Sonkusale S. Microwave diode switchable metamaterial reflector/absorber. Applied Physics Letters. 2013 Jul 15; 103(3):031902.
- Kim I. Design of a class of antennas utilizing mems, ebg and septum polarizers including near-field coupling analysis. 2012
- Li B, Shen Z. Synthesis of quasi-elliptic bandpass frequencyselective surface using cascaded loop arrays. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2013 Jun; 61(6):3053–9
- Alshargabi MA, Abidin ZZ, Jenu MZ. Spiral Electromagnetic Bandgap structure for EMI reduction. In RF and Microwave Conference (RFM), 2013 IEEE International. 2013 Dec 9 . p. 310–3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.