Total views : 189
Modified Gain Bearing-only Extended Kalman Filter for Underwater Target Tracking
Objectives: This paper proposes the own ship manoeuvring strategy to estimate the proper target state in the bearings only tracking. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The modified gain bearings-only extended Kalman filter is used for analysis, where the gain is modifiable. In the context of Target Motion Analysis, the target state is monitored through nonlinear estimations. The own ship exact manoeuvre is to increase the range observability. Findings: The proposed target estimation algorithm is effective in maritime tracking based sonar applications. Application/Improvements: The methodology proposed here is very useful for tracking underwater targets and finds immense usage for Indian Navy.
Estimation, Manoeuvre, Own Ship, Simulation, Sonar, Underwater Tracking
- Rao SK. Modified gain extended Kalman filter with application to bearings-only passive manoeuvring target tracking.IEE Proceedings - Radar, Sonar and Navigation. 2005; 152(4):239–44. Crossref.
- Rao SK. Manoeuvring target tracking using pseudo linear estimator with active sonar measurements.
- IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Networking; 2007. p. 208–13.
- Nardone SC, Lindgren AG, Gong KK. Fundamental properties and performance of conventional bearings only target motion analysis. IEEE Transaction Automatic Control.1984; 29(9):775–87. Crossref.
- Song T.L, Speyer J.L. A stochastic analysis of a modified gain extended Kalman filter with applications to estimation with bearings-only measurements. IEEE Transaction Automatic Control.1985 Oct; 30(10).
- Aidala VJ, Hammel SE. Utilization of modified polar coordinates for bearings-only tracking. IEEE Transactions Automatic Control. 1983 Mar; 28(3). Crossref.
- Ristic B, Arulampalam S, Gordon N. Beyond the Kalman Filter: Particle Filters for Tracking Applications. Artech House; 2004.
- Jawahar A, Rao SK. Recursive multistage estimator for bearings only passive target tracking in ESM EW systems.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(26):1–5.Crossref.
- Annabattula J, Rao SK, Murthy ASD, Srikanth KS, Das RP.Underwater passive target tracking in constrained environment.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(35):1–4. Crossref.
- Annabattula J, Rao SK, Murthy ASD, Srikanth KS, Das RP. Advanced submarine integrated weapon control system.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–3. Crossref.
- Jagan BOK, Rao SK, Karishma SKJAB. Passive target tracking using intercept sonar measurements. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(12):1–4. For Submarine to Ship (Medium ATB):
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.