Total views : 225
Image Encryption using Edge Map and Key Image
Objective: An Image Encryption algorithm is proposed which uses an image as key and concept of Edge Map for Encryption. Method/Analysis: The proposed algorithm uses gradient operators like Sobel, Roberts, Prewitt and Canny edge detectors for generating the edge map of key image and which is used for encrypting the original image with xor operation. Findings: The encrypted image shows remarkable difference from the actual image which is shown in the histogram analysis and other statistical tests. Conclusion/Applications: The proposed algorithm achieves considerable level of encryption, which makes it suitable to be used in different applications. It is used for protection of images against various kinds of common attacks like brute force attacks.
Cryptanalysis, Edge Map, Gradient Operators, Histogram Analysis, Image Encryption, Key Image
- Somaraj S, Hussain MA. Performance and security analysis for image encryption using key image. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–4.
- Zhou Y, Again S, Joyner VM, Panetta K. Two fibonacci p-code based image scrambling algorithms. Proceedings.SPIE 6812, Image Processing: Algorithms and Systems VI; 2008 Mar. p. 1–12.
- Wang D, Chang CC, Liu Y, Song G, Liu Y. Digital image scrambling algorithm based on chaotic sequence and decomposition and recombination of pixel values.International Journal of Network Security. 2015 May; 17(3):322–7.
- Yuan MH, Jiang L. Image scrambling based on spiral filling of bits. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. 2015 Apr; 8(3):225– 34.
- Hu J, Han F. A pixel-based scrambling scheme for digital medical images protection. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2009 Jul; 32(4):788–94.
- Ma K, Zhang W, Zhao X, Yu N, Li F. Reversible data hiding in encrypted images by reserving room before encryption.IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security.2013 Mar; 8(3):553–62.
- Jolfaei A, Mirghadri A. Image encryption using chaos and block cipher. Computer and Information Science. 2011 Jan; 4(1):1–14.
- Sam IS, Devaraj P, Bhuvaneswaran RS. An intertwining chaotic maps based image encryption scheme. Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics. 2012 Sep; 69(4):1995–2007.
- Younes MAB, Jantan A. Image encryption using blockbased transformation algorithm. IAENG International Journal of Computer Science. 2008 Feb; 35(1):1–9.
- Zhang X, Cao Y. A novel chaotic map and an improved chaos-based image encryption scheme. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. The Scientific World Journal. 2014 Jul; 2014:1–8.
- Prasad SRJ, Sathyanarayana RVS. Image encryption using color key images. International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications. 2013Oct; 2(4):1–12.
- Podesser M, Schmidt HP, Uhl A. Selective bitplane encryption for secure transmission of image data in mobile environments. 5th Nordic Signal Processing Symposium; 2002. p. 1–6.
- Image encryption using binary key-images. 2009. Available from:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5346780/
- Computer Vision Group. 2016. Available from: https:// vision.in.tum.de/
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.