Total views : 278
Automated Vehicle Safety System to Avoid Accidents
Background/objective: To reduce the rate of accidents which is a major problem for increase in the deathratebyprovidingsome basic security system to the vehicle. Methods/statistical Analysis: This paper deals with intimation to emergency services when accident occurs. To avoid accidents due to drowsiness- drowsiness alert system in case of drowsiness of the driver andan alcohol sensorin case of high intake of alcohol by the user are used. Along with these, a GSMis used to transmit the location to emergency numbers with the help of GPS. Findings: Comparedto the existing system, the proposedsystem works much better due to the use of improved or latest sensors and equipment. A latch that provides protocols from the controller to all sensors at a time is also used. The death rate will be reduced with the usage of the proposed system when compared to existing system andproposed system occupies less space compared to using different sensors separately. Improvements: Better performance when compared toexisting systems. Less time and complexity to design the system. Eventually death-rate will be reduced with the use of this design.
Alcohol Detection, Automated Accident Detection, Drowsiness Detection, MEMS,Vehicle Safety System
- Md.Syedul Amin, MamunBinIbne Reaz, Salwa Sheikh Nasir, Mohammad ArifSobhanBhuiyan.Low Cost GPS/ IMU Integrated Accident Detection and Location System.Indian Journal of Science andTechnology. 2016; 9(10):1–9.
- A.KumarK., ThamizharasiK.Gesture Controlled Robot using MEMS Accelerometer for Eradication of Weeds.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(5):460– 5.
- Wakure AR, Patkar AR, VitthalDagale M, Solanki PP.Vehicle Accident Detection and Reporting System Using GPS and GSM.International Journal of Engineering Research and Development.2014; 10(4):1–4.
- Dhananjeyan S, MohanaSundaram K., Kalaiyarasi A., Kuppusamy PG.Design and Development of Blind Navigation System using GSM and RFID Technology.Indian Journal of Scienceand Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–5.
- Prabha C, Sunitha R, Anitha R. Automatic Vehicle Accident Detection and Messaging System Using GSM and GPS Modem. International Journal of Advanced Research inElectrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.2014; 3(7):10723–7.
- Srijayathi K, Vedachary M.Implementation of the Driver Drowsiness Detection System.International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR).2013; 2(9):1751–4.
- Akrout B, Mahdi W. A visual based approach for drowsiness detection. IEEE Intelligent VehiclesSymposium, Gold Coast, QLD: IEEE Conference Publications. 2013 Jun 23-26; 1324–9.
- Sonika S,Sathiyasekar K,Jaishree S. Intelligent accident identification system using GPS, GSM modem.International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering.2014; 3(2):5487–9.
- Sarika BK, Dhok GP. Embedded system for intelligent ambulance and traffic control management. International Journal of Computer and Electronics research. 2013; 2(2):137–42.
- Varma SKC, Poornesh, Varma T, Harsha. Automatic Vehicle Accident Detection and Messaging system using GPS and GSM Modems. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. 2013; 4(8), pp.1937-1940.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.