Total views : 105
Subjectivity Study on Self Direction in Nursing Students: Q Methodological Approach
Background/Objectives: Self direction reportedly affects the career adaptability for college students and the career attitude development. This research will apply the Q methodology to investigate the types of self-direction of the students. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To analyze the value, belief, and attitude of the students in the department of nursing toward self-direction, we coded and input the collected data into the computer after completing the survey for the 23 people who were selected as P sample. We handled Q classification using QUANL PC program and acquired the result. Findings: The result of analyzing the subjectivity of the students in the department of nursing toward self-direction using PC QUANL showed three types. Each type reflects the subjectivity of the students in the department of nursing toward selfdirection to investigate the types of self-direction of the students in the department of nursing, and explain and understand the characteristics. Among the total research participants of 23 people, 4 people belonged to the first type, 9 belonged to the second type, and 10 belonged to the third type. People with higher factor weight in each type are the typical or ideal people in the type they belong to, representing the type. Improvements/Applications: This research shows that selfdirection raises the self-efficacy and performance toward the studies in major, giving sense of satisfaction and eventually creating positive prospects in the studies in major.
Anaphora Resolution; Linguistic Rule, Rule Based Method
- Brockett RG, Hiemstra R. Self-directed learning: Perspectives on theory. Research and Practice. New York: Routledge; 1991.
- Gong MY, Kim JM. The learning transfer and self-directedness of the participants in the corporate e-learning program, transfer climate, relationship with learning. Agricultural Education and Human Resources Development. 2008; 40(3):223–46.
- McCune SK. A meta analytic study of adult self direction on learning: A review of the research from 1977 to 1987 [Doctoral dissertation]. Texas A & M University; 1988.
- Kim JJ. Comparison study on the self-directed learning scores of the male and female leaders. Women’s Social Education. 1994; 1:78–93.
- Reynols MM. The self-directedness and motivational orientation of adult part-time students at a community college [Doctorial dissertation]. Syracuse University; 1985.
- Noh MA. The relationship between the internal and external motivations of the college students with high selfdirectedness in learning and the interpersonal relation skills [Thesis for master’s degree]. Graduate School of Korea University; 2009.
- Jang GY. Development of scales for the career adaptability of the college students. [Dissertation for doctorate degree].Graduate School of Sookmyung Women’s University; 2009.
- Choi IS, Seo RW. The relationship between the group learning activities, self-directed learning, and the school adaptability behavior. Humanities Studie. 2008; 35(2): 411–41.
- Jang EY. Analysis of structural relationship between college students’ autonomy of career decision, self-differentiation, self-directed learning abilities and career search behavior.[Dissertation for doctorate degree]. Graduate school of Dongah University; 2011.
- Knowles MS. Self-directed learning: A guide for learners and teachers. New York, NY: Association Press; 1975.
- Merriam SB, Caffarella RS. Learning adulthood. 3rd ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2007.
- Moon ST, Park MH, Yang BK. The relationship between the self-directeness in learning and career adaptability. Career Education Studies. 2012; 25(3):39–60.
- Jang TW, Hong AJ. The effects of self-directed learning abilities of the members in the organization on the absorption ability, emotional immersion, and job immersion.Knowledge Management Studies. 2011; 12(2):17–34.
- Park JY. The effects of self-directedness, creativity, and interpersonal relation skills on the level of career decision making and career preparation behavior of the college students.[Dissertation for doctorate degree]. Graduate school of Gwandong University; 2013.
- Cho JH, Kim YJ. A study on the subjectivity about RN-BSN student’s Resilience. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; (S1):283–92.
- Kim YJ, Kim MJ. Medication activity frequency competency, and education and environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S1):374–83.
- Lee YJ. The effects of self-leadership of the college students on the life satisfaction, self-directed learning abilities, and academic self-efficacy [Thesis for master’s degree].Graduate School of Hanyang University; 2012.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.