Total views : 180
Assement Solar Database Regarding Production Values in Fuerteventura Photovoltaic Installations
Objectives: To investigate the differences between the 8 main databases irradiation, from the values of equivalent irradiation of 11 generating facilities in operation for the Canaries. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Itobtains the data of the 8 bases of irradiation (DBs) for 0º and pass for 10º of inclination. It compared the average real of all 11 facilities and compared to those of the study DBs, then calculates the equivalent irradiation on flat surfaces at 0º and compared the values of DBs respect to the calculated for the investigated facilities. Calculate the polynomial function for the irradiation curve from the real valour’s of the installations Findings: We verified with the data obtained and calculated that the differences between predicted values of the different DBs and the real ones obtained from the facilities can reach monthly differences of more than 30% and annual differences of 10%, the months with the greatest difference being those of winter and autumn. The calculation of equivalent irradiation for inclined surfaces is performed by the simplified system by calculations of the monthly incidence angle, which gives us equivalent global irradiance values with approximate values of +-2% between inclinations of 1 to 55º of the photovoltaic generator. Recommending the use of the data from the UNE 94003: 2007 standard and AEMET data with a difference of less than 1% per year for horizontal surfaces. The PVGIS database is too optimistic in its calculations and its values tend to be with 10% higher yields. The values obtained from differences between databases are comparable with others obtained in their comparisons with data obtained by satellites or in areas such as Poland. Application/Improvements: The article concludes that with the data and the function obtained, realistic forecast can be made quickly and easily for further study.
PV, Energy in Canary Islands, nZEB, Irradiation, Photovoltaic, Renewable Energy, Solar Energy
- Attia S, Mlecniki E, Loon S. Net zero energy building: A review of currentdefinitions and definition development in Belgium. Proceedings of passivehouse symposium.Belgium, 2011.
- Crawley D, Pless S, Torcellini P. Getting to net zero.ASHRAE Journal, September 2009; 18–25.
- World Map of 360 international known Net Zero Energy Buildings. 2017 January 05. Available from: http://batchgeo.com/map/net-zero-energy-buildings.
- Yoon JH, Song J, Lee SJ. Practical application of building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) system using transparent amorphous silicon thin-film PV module. SolarEnergy, 2011 May; 85(5): 723–66. Available from: Crossref
- Rüther R, Braun P. Energetic contribution potential of building-integrated photovoltaic on airports in warm climates.Solar Energy. 2009; 83:1923–52. Available from: Crossref
- Kenneth Z, Paul H. Basic photovoltaic principles and methods.Van Nosstrand Reinhold Company. New York, 1984.PMid:6567439
- Green MA, Emery K, Hishikawa Y, Warta W, Dunlop ED. Solar cell efficiency tables (version 48). Programme Photovoltic: Residency Application. 2016; 24: 905–13.
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree 841/2002 of 2 August, which regulates the facilities for electricity production especially its incentive scheme in the market share of production, certain reporting obligations of its production forecasts, and acquisition by marketers of its electricity produced.BOE. 2002Sep; 210: 31968–74.
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree 436/2004, of 12 March, establishing the methodology for updating and systematizing the legal and economic regime of the activity of production of electric energy under special regime. BOE. 2004 Mar; 75: 13217–38.
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree 661/2007, of 25 May, regulating the activity of production of electricity in special regime. 2007 May; 126: 22846–86.
- Spanish power grid (REE).2017 January 05. Available fromL http://www.ree.es/es
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree Law 14/2010, of 23 December, which establishes urgent measures for the correction of the tariff deficit of the electric sector. 2010 Dec; 312: 106386–94.
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree Law 1/2012 of 27 January, which proceeds to the suspension of pre-allocation procedures and the removal of economic incentives for new installations producing electricity from cogeneration, energy sources renewables and waste. 2012 Jan; 24: 8068–72.
- Inmaculada Guaita-Pradas, Bernabé Marí Soucase. Endorse of renewable energy plants, still an alternative investment in Spain? SOP Transactions on Economic Research, 2014; 1(2): 1–9. Available from: Crossref
- Matallanas E, Castillo-Cagigal M, Caama-o-Martín E, Masa-Bote D, Gutiérrez A, Monasterio F. Analysis of the Self-Consumption Possibilities in Small Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems in Spain. 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition. 2011Sep; 4619–24.
- Gallo A, Molina, Prodanovic BTM, Aguilar JG, Romero M.Analysis of Net Zero-energy Building in Spain. Integration of PV, Solar Domestic Hot Water and Air-conditioning Systems. 2014; 48: 828–36.
- Rashid Al Badwawi, Mohammad Abusara,Tapas Mallick. A Review of Hybrid Solar PV and Wind Energy System. Smart Science, 2015; 3(3): 127–38.Available from: Crossref
- Kim JH, Kim HR, Kim JT. Analysis of photovoltaic applications in zero energy building cases of IEA SHC/EBC Task 40/Annex 52. Sustainability. 2015; 7: 8782–800. Available from: Crossref
- Masson G, Briano JI, Baez MJ. Review and analysis of PV sef-consumtion policies. International Energy Agency. 2016.
- Suri M, Thomas A, Huld, Ewan D, Dunlop, Heinz A.Potential of solar electricity generation in the European Union member states and candidate countries. Solar Energy. 2007; 81: 1295–305. Crossref
- Government of Spain. Royal Decree 314/2006 of 17 March, approving the Technical Building Code. 2006Mar; 74:11816–31.
- Government of the Canary Islands. Environmental information system of the Canary Islands. The Canary Islands Network of Biosphere Reserves. 2016
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change IPCC.Climate Change 2014: SyntHSPis Report. Contribution of Working Groups I, II and III to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.Geneva, 2015; 151.
- Vernaya C, Pitavala S, Blancb P. Review of satellite-based surface solar irradiation databases for the engineering.The financing and the operating of photovoltaic systems. 2014; 57: 1383–91.
- Suri M, Remund J, Cebecauer T, Dumortier D, Wald L, Huld T, Blanc P. First steps in the cross-comparison of solar resource spatial products in Europe. in 1st International Conference on Solar Heating, Cooling and Buildings (EUROSUN 2008) Portugal, 2008.
- Mazurek G. Estimation of Solar Irradiation on Inclined Surface Based on Web Databases. International Journal of electronics and telecommunications. 2014; 60(4):315–20.
- Cooper PI. The Absorption of Solar Radiation in Solar Stills. Solar Energy. 1969; 12: 3. Available from: Crossref
- Muzathik AM, Ibrahim M, Samo KB, Nik WA.Estimation of global solar irradiation on horizontal and inclined surfaces based on the horizontal measurements. Energy. 2011; 36(2): 812–8. Availale from: Crossref
- Aggarwal RK. Estimation of Total Solar Radiation on Tilted Surface. Journal of environmental engineering and technology.2013; 2(1): 4–6.
- Nooriana AM, Gholam M, Kamalia A. Evaluation of 12 models to estimate hourly diffuse irradiation oninclinedsurfaces. Renewable Energy. 2008; 33: 1406–12. Available from: Crossref
- Klein SA,Theilacker JC. An Algorithm for Calculating Monthly-Average Radiation on Inclined Surfaces. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering. 1981; 103(1): 29–33. Available from: Crossref
- UNE-EN 61724:2000. Photovoltaic system performance monitoring - Guidelines for measurement, data exchange and analysis. 2000
- Osterwald CR.Translation ofdevice performance measurements to reference conditions. Solar cells.1986; 18: 269–79.Available from: Crossref
- International Electrotechnical Commission. IEC 61215/2016. Crystalline silicium terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) Modules - Design qualification and type approval.2016.
- Viana, M, Querol X, Alastuey A, Cuevas E, Rodríguez S. Influence of African dust on the levels of atmospheric particulates in the Canary Islands air quality network.Atmosphere Environment. 2002; 36: 5861–75. Available from: Crossref
- UNE-EN 50530:2011/A1:2013 Overall efficiency of grid connected photovoltaic inverters. 2013.
- Photovoltaic Geographical Information System (PVGIS).2017 January 05. Available from: http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/ pvgis/
- Marcel Šúri, Huld TA, Dunlop ED. PV-GIS: A web-based solar radiation database for the calculation of PV potential in Europe.International Journal of Sustainable Energy.2005; 24(2): 55–67. Available from: Crossref
- ADRASE - Ciemat. 2017 January 05. Available from: http:// www.adrase.es
- Polo J.Generation of Solar Radiation Maps from Geostationary Satellites. CIEMAT Technical Reports num.1259. 2012.
- NASA- SSE. 2017 January 05. Available from: https:// eosweb.larc.nasa.go
- Gairaa K, Benkaciali S. Analysis of solar radiation measurements at Ghardaïa area. south Algeria. 2011; 6: 122–9.
- Mitrushi D, Berberi P, Bërdufi I, Muda V, Topçiu D, Buzra U. A comparative study of satellite estimation for solar insolation in Albania with ground measurements. 9th International Physics Conference of the Balkan Physical Union.Turkey, 2015 Aug,
- Marco Piragnolo, Andrea Masiero, Francesca Fissore, Francesco Pirotti.Solar Irradiance Modelling with NASA WW GIS Environment. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. 2015; 4(2): 711–24.
- Spanish Meteorological Agency - AEMET. 2017 January 05. Available from: http://www.aemet.es/es/serviciosclimaticos/
- Sancho JM, Riesco J, Jiménez C, Sanchez de Cos C, Montero J, López M. Solar Radiation Atlas for Spain based on Surface Irradiance Data from EUMETSAT Climate MonitoringSAF. 2012.
- Solar radiation data. 2017 January 05. Available from: http://www.soda-pro.com/
- Gschwind B, Menard L, Albuisson M, Wald L.Converting a successful research project into a sustainable service: The case of the SoDa Web service. Environmental Modelling and Software. 2006; 21(1): 1555–61. Available from: Crossref
- Technological Institute of the Canary Islands. 2017 January 05. Available from: http://www.itccanarias.org/web/itc/ proyectos-software/mapa_solar.jsp
- Institute for diversification and energy saving IDAE. 2017 January 05. Available from: http://www.idae.es/
- IDAE. Thermal Solar Energy Installations. Technical Specifications for Low Temperature Installations. PETREVJanuary 2009.
- UNE 94003:2007. Climatic data for the dimensioning of solar thermal systems. 2007.
- State Meteorological Agency AEMET,OpenData. 2017 January 05. Avalable from: https://opendata.aemet.es/centrodedescargas/ inicio
- State Meteorological Agency AEMET. Summary guide to climate in Spain version 3. Ministry of agriculture, food and environment. 2012.
- M. Tejedor, C.C. Jiménez Mendoza, F. Díaz Pe-a, J.L. Rivero Ceballos, S. Corral Quintana, and C. Legna Verna. Strategy to combat desertification in the Canary Islands. Ministry of Education, Universities and Sustainability. Government of the Canary Islands. 2013.
- Dorta P, Gelado MD, Hernández JJ, Cardona P, Collado C, Mendoza S, Rodríguez MJ, Siruela V, Torres MV.Frequency, seasonality and trends of air advocates in the Canary Islands. Geographical Research. 2005; 38: 23–45.
- Dorta P. The invasions of Saharan air in the Canary Islands. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of the Government of the Canary Islands and Caja Rural de Tenerife, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. 1999. PMCid:PMC96973
- IDAE.Photovoltaic Solar Energy Facilities. Technical Specifications of Network-connected Installations PCT-CREV.2011 Jul.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.