Total views : 132
New Edge Preserving Hybrid Method for Better Enhancement of Liver CT Images
Objective: This article proposes a new edge preserving method for suppressing the noises in liver CT images. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The MATLAB platform is used for implementation of proposed method. For Performance evaluation Mean Square Error (MSE), Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) and time complexity are chosen .Noisy abdominal CT images have taken as input for proposed method and for finding low error and high noise fidelity. Findings: In this article, the proposed method Edge Preserving Hybrid filter have applied in liver CT images for improving the classification of lesions areas in an infected liver. The advantage of our proposed method is compared with various DE noising filters using quality metrics such as Image enhancement factor, and metric to measure the Structural similarity index and helps in the assessment of image quality and fidelity. Application/Improvement: The proposed techniques give better PSNR and it takes less simulation time in removing noises from Liver CT images.
Computer Tomography (CT), Hybrid Filter, Nonlinear Filter, Smoothening Filter.
- Jayanthi M. Comparative Study of Different Techniques Used for medical image segmentation of Liver from Abdominal CT Scan. IEEE, 2016 conference on Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking. 2016.
- Kumar SS, Moni RS, Rajeesh I. Automatic liver and lesion segmentation: a primary step in diagnosis of liver diseases Signal, Image and Video Processing. 2011 March 31. Available from: Crossref.
- Russo F. A method for estimation and filtering of Gaussian noise in images. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. 2003 Aug; 52(4):1148-54. Available from: Crossref.
- Sonali Patil VR. Udupi Preprocessing to be Considered For MR and CT Images Containing Tumors. IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2012; 1(4):54-7. Available from: Crossref.
- C Chaux L, Duval A, Benazza-Benyahia and Pesquet JC. A nonlinear Stein-based estimator for multichannel image Denoising. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2008; 56(8):3855-70. Available from: Crossref.
- Tomasi C, Manduchi R, Bilateral Filtering Tomasi C, Manduchi R. 1998, Bilateral Filtering for Gray and Color Images. India, Bombay: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision. 1998; p. 834-46. Available from: Crossref.
- Chen B, Li Y, Cai JL. Noisy image segmentation based on nonlinear diffusion equation model. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 2012; 36(3):1197-1208. Available from: Crossref.
- Sweety Deswal, Shailender Gupta, Bharat Bhushan A survey of various bilateral filtering techniques. International journal of signal, image processing and pattern recognition. 2015; 8:105-210.
- Tarandeep Chhabra, Geetika Dua, Tripti Malhotra. Comparative Analysis of Methods to Denoise CT Scan Images. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. 2013 July; 2(7).
- Narain Ponraj D, Evangelin Jenifer M, Poongodi P, Samuel Manoharan J. A Survey on the Preprocessing Techniques of Mammogram for the Detection of Breast Cancer. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. 2011 December; 2(12).
- Ruby Verma, Rajesh Mehra. PSO Algorithm based Adaptive Median Filter for Noise Removal in Image Processing Application. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. 2016; 7(7). Available from: Crossref.
- Sobika Ambardar, Manish Singhal. A Review and Comparative Study of De-noising Filters in Ultrasound Imaging. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2014 August; 4(8).
- Vijaya G, Suhasini A. An Adaptive Preprocessing of Lung CT Images with Various Filters for Better Enhancement. Academic Journal of Cancer Research. 2014; 7 (3):179-84.
- Junn Shan, Wen Ju, Yanhui Guo, Ling Zhang, Cheng HD. Automated breast cancer detection and classification using ultrasound images-a survey. Pattern recognition. 2010; 43:299-317. Available from: Crossref.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital Image Processing. NJ, USA: Prentice-Hall, Inc: Upper Saddle River. 2006.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.