Total views : 92
Production of Biopesticides Namely Trichoderma viride and Beauveria bassian
Objectives: To highlight the barriers to the effective usage of biopesticides and solutions to these barriers for biopesticides produced from fungi Trichoderma viride and Beauveria bassiana. Methods and Statistical Analysis: Recent paper in last decade on production techniques and method of biopesticides from environmental friendly fungi namely T. viride and B. bassiana have been reviewed and analyzed. Findings: Optimized conditions of temperature and pressure can maintain the pH at about 7 which will result in an enhancement in the shelf life of the biopesticides from 2-3 months to about 1 or 1.5 years. Effective selection of carrier can benefit in the stability of the biopesticides characteristics and also decrease the cost of the products. The usage of metabolites and additives can highly affect the performance of the bio products and can increase their potential. Application/Improvements: Active packaging could greatly enhance/increase the shelf life of the biopesticides and thereby making them viable alternative cheap ecofriendly biopesticides for organic farming.
Beauveria bassiana, Biopesticides, Organic Farming, Trichoderma viride
- Khandelwal M, Datta S, Mehta J, Naruka R, Makhijani K, Sharma G, Kumar R, Chandra S. Isolation, charac- terization and biomass production of Trichoderma viride using various agro products - A biocontrol agent. Advances in Applied Science Research 2012; 3(6):3950– 55.
- Manpreet S, Sawraj S, Sachin D, Pankaj S, Banerjee UC.Influence of process parameters on the production of metabolities in solid state fermentation. Malaysian Journal of Microbiology. 2005; 1(2):1–9.
- Aktar W, Dwaipayan S, Chowdhury A. Impact of pesticides use in agriculture: Their benefits and hazards.Interdisciplinary Toxicology. 2009; 2(1):1–12. Crossref PMid:21217838 PMCid:PMC2984095
- Dikshit A, Gupta S. Biopesticides: An ecofriendly approach for pest control. Journal of Biopesticides. 2010; 3(1):186 –88.
- Valicente F, Edmar DST, Leite MIS, Freire FL, Vieira CM.Production of Bacillus Thuringiensis Biopesticide using commercial lab medium and agricultural by-product as nutrient sources. Brazilian Journal of Corn and Sorghum.2010; 9:1–11. Crossref
- Faria M, Joseph H, Stephen PW. Application of modified atmosphere packaging (gas flushing and active packag- ing) for extending the shelf life of Beauveria bassiana conidia at high temperatures. Biological Control. 2012; 6(1):78–88.Crossref
- Mehta J, Madhulika J, Choudhary S, Mirza J, Sharma D, Khatri P, Gupta P, Meenu MN. Impact of carbon and nitrogen sources on the Trichoderma viride and Beauveria bassiana. European Journal of Experimental Biology. 2012; 6(2):2061–67.
- Kumar N, Vaishali K. International Journal of Environmental Research and Development. Biopesticides.
- Journal of Biopesticides. 2014; 4(2):191–9.
- Vikas J, Dhaliwal GS, Dhawan AK. Insect pest problems and crop losses: Changing trends. Indian Journal of Ecology.2010; 37(1):1–7
- Latifian M, Bahar R, Majid A, Esmaeil R. Mass production of entomopathogenic fungi Beauveria bassiana by using agricultural products based on liquid-solid diphasic method for date palm pest control. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. 2013; 19(5):2337–41.
- Pratibha Sharma, M. Sharma, M. Raja V. Shanmugam Status osf Trichoderma Research in India: A Review. Indian Phytopathology 2014; 67 (1): 1-19.
- Dutta S. Biopesticides: An ecofriendly approach for pest control. Word Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 4(6):250–65.
- Arora N, Mishra J. Prospecting the roles of metabolites and additives in future bioformulations for sustainable agriculture. Applied Science Ecology. 2016; 107:405–7. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.