Total views : 5104
ChoCD: Usable and Secure Graphical Password Authentication Scheme
Since designing effective graphical password authentication schemes is of vital important, this paper attempts to address the need by providing a new way for designing and developing hybrid graphical scheme named ChoCD. ChoCD combines the method of "Click-based”, “Choice-based”, and “Draw-based”. By combining these, it is anticipated that it will offer better usability and security. An evaluation towards ChoCD was conducted to measure its viability and practicality as the alternative user authentication. From these conduct of evaluations, it was found that ChoCD is easy to use and provides more security than other existing schemes and thus potentially be used for user authentication.
Graphical Password, Password, User Authentication Security, Usability.
- Banne SS, Shedge KN. CARP: CAPTCHA as a graphical password based authentication scheme. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2016 Jan; 5(1).
- Renaud K. Evaluating authentication mechanisms. In: Cranor L, Garnkel S, editors. Security and Usability: Designing Secure Systems That People Can Use. O’Reilly Media; 2005. p. 103-28.
- Xiaoyuan S, Ying Z, et al. Graphical passwords: A survey. 21st Annual Computer Security Applications Conference; 2005. p. 463–72.
- Wells J, Hutchinson D, Pierce J. Enhanced security for preventing man-in-the-middle attacks in authentication, data entry and transaction verification. Australian Information Security Management Conference; 2008. p. 58.
- Almuairfi S, Veeraraghavan P, Chilamkurti N. IPAS: User test phase and evaluation. Frontier and Innovation in Future Computing and Communications, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. Dordrecht: Springer Science+Business Media; 2014. p. 301. doi:10.1007/978-94-017-8798-7_2
- Chiasson S, Forget A, Biddle R, van Oorschot PC. Influencing users towards better passwords: Persuasive Cued ClickPoints. Human Computer Interaction (HCI): The British Computer Society; 2008 Sept.
- Jermyn I, Mayer A, Monrose F, Reiter M, Rubin A. The design and analysis of graphical passwords. Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Security Symposium; 1999 Aug.
- Blonder GE. Graphical passwords. Murray Hill, NJ, United States: Lucent Technologies, Inc.; 1996.
- Wiedenbeck S, Waters J, Birget JC, Brodskiy A, Memon N. Authentication using graphical passwords: Basic results. Human-Computer Interaction International (HCII); Las Vegas, NV. 2005.
- Gao HC, Liu XY, Wang SD, Dai RY. A new graphical password scheme against spyware by using CAPTCHA. Proceedings of the Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security; 2009 Jul 15-17.
- Alsaiari H, Papadaki M, Dowland PS, Furnell SM. Alternative graphical authentication for online banking environments. Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Human Aspects of Information Security & Assurance (HAISA); 2014.
- Chiasson S, van Oorschot P, Biddle R. A usability study and critique of two password managers. 15th USENIX Security Symposium; 2006 Aug.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.