Total views : 243
Data Hiding Technique using Catalan-Lucas Number Sequence
In this paper, a novel data hiding technique is proposed which is an improvement over an existing data hiding techniques. Generally, a pixel intensity value of an image is represented by 8-bit binary sequence. In the proposed technique, a pixel is represented by using 16-bit Catalan Lucas sequence. By using bit plane slicing, 16 virtual planes are generated for each R, G and B component respectively. This paper introduces a new approach for hiding data within few bit planes among 48. Data means a secret message is also decomposed into 16 bits to get 16 bit planes. First 6 bit planes of the secret message are embedded into the middle planes of R using XOR operation and the result is stored in LSB planes of R. Next 6 bit planes of the secret message embed similarly within G plane. The last 4 planes are embedded into the middle planes of B using XOR operation and the result is stored in LSB planes of B. Three keys are generated in the embedding phase. Extraction is carried out by using keys in a reverse way by XO Ring the respective bit planes. This method greatly increases the security as a secret key is known to the authentic user only. The hiding capacity is 16 bits/pixel with the acceptable PSNR value.
Catalan, Lucas, Steganography, Stego Image, Zeckendorf’s Theorem.
- Chakraborty S, Jalal AS, Bhatnagar. An efficient bit plane X-O Ring algorithm for irreversible image steganography, International Journal of Trust Management in computing and communications .2012.
- Sravana Kumar D, Suneetha C.H ,Chandrasekhar A. Novel Encryption Schemes Based on Catalan Numbers, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 www.ijera.com 2012 Mar-Apr ;2(2):161–166.
- Aroukatos N, Manes K, Zimeras S, Georgiakodis D. Technique in Image Steganography using Famous Number Sequence. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science. 2015 Jan.
- Sandipan D, Ajith A, Bijoy B, Sugata S. Data Hiding Techniques Using Prime and Natural Numbers. Journal of Digital Information Management. 2008 December: 6(6).
- Kekre H . B, Halarnkar P , Tanuja Sarode . Three novel chaotic polynomials for image encryption using three different MOD operators, Computational Intelligence in Industrial Application. Proceedings of the 2014 Pacific-Asia Workshop on Computer Science in Industrial Application, CIIA, Singapore; Chapter 45, December 8-9.2014.
- Nikolaos G. Aroukatos , Kostas Mane, Stelios Zimeras, Social Networks Medical Image Steganography Using Sub-Fibonacci Sequences, mHealth Ecosystems and Social Networks in Healthcare, Chapter 13. Spinger International Publishing ;Switzerland: 2016.
- Stephen K. Representing Numbers Using Fibonacci Variants, The Mathematics of Various Entertaining Subjects: Research in Recreational Math, Lucas Jennifer Beineke and Jason Rosenhouse, Editor, Chapter 17,2015.
- Alan Anwer Abdulla , Harin Sellahewa, Sabah A. Jassim . Steganography based on pixel intensity value decomposition. Mobile Multimedia/Image Processing, Security and Applications. 2014
- Diego De Luca Picione , Federica Battisti , Marco Carli ,Jaakko Astola, Karen Egiazarian. A Fibonacci LSB Data Hiding Technique,14th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2006), Florence, Italy. Sept 2006.
- Yacoub M , Saoudi A. Recurrent Neural Networks and Fibonacci Numeration System, Proceedings of 1993 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks. 1993 11. Nikolaos Aroukatos, Kostas Manes, Stelios Zimeras, Fotis Georgiakodis. Data Hiding Techniques in Steganography using Fibonacci and Catalan numbers, Ninth International Conference on Information Technology - New Generations.2012.
- Sandipan D, Ajith A, Sugata S. An LSB Data Hiding Technique Using Natural Numbers, IEEE Third International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, IIHMSP 2007, Nov 26–28, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, IEEE Computer Society press, USA, ISBN 0-7695- 2994-1, 2007.P.473–76, 13. Sandipan D, Ajith A, Sugata S. An LSB Data Hiding Technique Using Prime Numbers, The Third International Symposium on Information Assurance and Security, Manchester, UK, IEEE CS press;2007.
- Sandeep Rathor, Soumendu Chakraborty, Tripathi S.P, Jalal A. S. A payload distribution method for high capacity image steganography, 2013 4th International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCCT). 2013.
- The First 200 Lucas numbers and their factors. [ updated 2 April 2008 ]. Avaiable from: http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/lucas200.html
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.