Total views : 213
Design of a Simple Inductor-less AC-AC Converter Realizing High Input Power Factor
Switched capacitor (SC) techniques is used in order to design a simple inductor-less ac-ac converter with small size and high input power factor. Comparing conventional inductor-less ac-ac converters with the proposed converter, an input/ output (I/O) terminal is connected alternately to one of capacitors to achieve ac-ac conversion. To realize the new topology, the new designed converter is composed of two capacitors and four switches in the conversion ratios of 2 and 1/2. For this reason, as well as high input power factor, the proposed converter can achieve small size. To explain how the proposed converter is operated with the conversion ratios of 2 and 1/2, operation’s law, analysis in theory, and results of circuit simulation are written on this paper. The validity of the proposed converter is confirmed by circuit simulations using SPICE simulator.
Direct AC-AC Converters, Power Converters, Switched Capacitor Techniques, Switching Mode Power Supply
- Ueno F, Inoue T, Oota I, Harada I. Realization of a switchedcapacitor AC-AC converter. Proceedings of the 11th European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design;1993 August 30 - September 3; Davos, Switzerland.
- Terada S, Oota I, Eguchi K, Ueno F.A ring type switchedcapacitor (SC) programmable converter with DC or AC input/ DC or AC output, Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems;2004 July 25-28; Hiroshima, Japan.
- Lazzarin T.B, Andersen R.L, Martins G.B, Barbi I. A 600 W switched-capacitor AC-AC converter for 220 V/110 V and 110 V/220 V applications. IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics. 2012: 27(12).
- Andersen R.L, Lazzarin T.B, Barbi I. A 1-kW step-up/stepdown switched-capacitor AC-AC converter. IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics. 2013: 28(7).
- Lazzarin T.B, Andersen R.L, Barbi I. A switched-capacitor three-phase AC-AC converter. IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics.2015: 62(2).
- Eguchi K, Abe K, Oota I, Sasaki H. A step-up/ step-down switched-capacitor AC-AC converter with symmetrical topology. Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Image Processing, Electrical and Computer Engineering;2015 July 8 - 9; Singapore, Singapore.
- Eguchi K, Abe K, Pongswatd S, Julsereewong A, Oota I. Design of a parallel-connected symmetrical AC-AC converter designed by using switched capacitor techniques. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences.2016:10(11).
- Eguchi K, Do W, Kittipanyangam S, Abe K, Oota I. Design of a three-phase switched-capacitor AC-AC converter with symmetrical topology. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control.2016: 12 (6).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.