Total views : 138
GenNext: Framework for Optimizing ERP Implementations
Objectives: ERP Implementations are known for high failure rates and crossing the defined budget and schedule. The alarming figures produced in various studies have called for the need of Framework for ERP implementations. The objective is to propose a framework hybrid of Lean Thinking and Agile Methodologies to implement ERP systems to curtail schedule deviation, effort deviation and increase the quality. Methods/Analysis: To achieve the objective a new framework called “GenNext” has been proposed. The framework is in inception stage and is evolving continuously. The framework was applied to few controlled environment projects. The results, thus obtained, prima facie approves the framework. Future Work: The framework can be applied to large scale ERP Implementations and can be refined further. Findings: GenNext framework was able to save effort in a range of 15-20% from the traditional models. Applications: GenNext Framework can be used to optimize the projects implementing any COTS software such as ERP or Business Intelligence Implementations.
Agile, ERP Implementation, Framework, Lean
- Appleton E. How to survive ERP Datamation. 1997; 43(3):50-3.
- Davenport TH. Putting the enterprise into the enterprise system. Harvard Business Review. 1998; 76(4):121-33.PMid:10181586.
- Martin MH. Smart Managing Fortune Magazine. 1998.
- Ho C, Wu W, Tai Y. Strategies for the adaptation of ERP systems. Industrial Management and Data Systems. 2004; 104(3):234-51. Crossref
- ERP Report 2015 Panaroma Consulting. 2015. Available from: Crossref
- McBreen P. Addison-Wesley Boston: Software craftsmanship the new imperative. 2002.
- Pfleeger S, Atlee J. Prentice Hall: Software engineering theory and practice. 2006. PMid:16916045.
- Jones C. International Thomson Computer Press: Patterns of Software Systems Failure and Success. 1995; 28(3):86-7. Crossref
- Tipaldi M, Gotz C, Ferraguto M, Troiano L, Bruenjes B. The robust software feedback models an effective waterfall model tailoring for space sw. Proceedings of DASIA. 2013; 720.
- Botta-Genoulaz V, Millet PA, Grabot B. A survey on the recent research literature on ERP systems. Computers in Industry. 2005; 56(6):510-22. Crossref
- Esteves J, Bohorquez V. An updated ERP systems annotated bibliography 2001-2005. Communications of AIS. 2007; 19:1-63. Crossref
- Julia H. Bringing Lean Principles to Service Industries. HBS Working Knowledge. 2007.
- Agarwal A, Shankar R, Tiwari MK. Modeling the metrics of lean agile and leagile supply chain An ANP-based approach. European Journal of Operational Research. 2006; 173(1):211-25. Crossref
- Sutton JM. Lean Software for the Lean Aircraft in 15th Digital Avionics Systems Conference. 1996; p. 49-54.
- Brehm L, Heinzl A, Markus M. Tailoring ERP systems A spectrum of choices and their implications. Proceeding of 34th Hawaii IEEE International conference on System sciences HICSS. 2000; p. 9.
- Kaushik S, Avasthi V, Bharadwaj A. Scrutinizing Lean Thinking and Agile Methodologies from Practitioners Point of View. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(20):1-5. Crossref
- Mason-Jones R, Naylor J, Towill D. Engineering the Leagile Supply Chain. International Journal of Agile Management Systems. 2000; 2(1):54-61. Crossref
- Krishnamurthy R, Yauch C. Leagile manufacturing A proposed corporate infrastructure. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2007; 27(6):588604. Crossref
- Naylor J, Naim M, Berry D. Leagility integrating the lean and agile manufacturing paradigms in the total supply chain. International Journal of production economics. 1999; 62(1-2):107-18. Crossref
- Laanti M. Agile methods in large-scale software development organisations. University of Oulu: Doctoral thesis: Applicability and model for adoption. 2012; p. 1-192.
- Vilkki K. When agile is not enough. Springer: Lean Enterprise Software and Systems. 2010; p. 44-7. Crossref
- Aravindraj V. Evaluation of leagility in supply chains using fuzzy logic approach. Taylor Francis Online: International Journal of Production Research. 2013; 51(4):1186-95.
- Dingsoyr T, Nerur S, Moe N. A decade of agile methodologies towards explaining agile software development. Jour-nal of Systems and Software. 2012; 85(6):1213-21. Crossref
- Kaushik S, Bharadwaj A, Avasthi V. Need for blending Agile Methodologies and Lean Thinking for ERP Implementation An industry point of view. 2015 1st International Conference on Next Generation Computing Technologies (NGCT). 2015; p. 751-5.
- Fagerholm F, Ikonen M, Kettunen P, Munch J, Roto V, Abrahamsson P. Performance Alignment Work How software developers experience the continuous adaptation of team performance. Informatoion Software Technology. 2015; 64:132-47. Crossref
- Kaushik S, Bharadwaj A, Avasthi V, Sharma R. A Novel Framework for Requirement Prioritization for ERP Implementation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(48):1-3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.