Total views : 202
Smart Car Parking
Parking areas are not as harmless as they seem. By not only occupying area in the major places in the city, the human habitable areas are reduced and moreover they also cause lots of harm to the ecosystem. Increase in car numbers poses a very problematic situation for road management but also the infrastructure management. We need a reliable infrastructure management system for maximizing the use of urban areas and minimizing road congestion in major urban hubs. The major cause is loitering car in the search of parking spaces which when done by many people leads to road blocks in important urban hubs and pollution. The parking area annually leaks many liters of oil, diesel or petrol. Mixing of these leaks with water during washing or rains seeps into sewage and then to seas or oceans causing pollution. Moreover, when searching for parking spaces the drivers tend to drive slowly which decreases the fuel efficiency of the vehicle and causing traffic congestions as traffic management is a severe problem today. Since the population is moving towards urbanization globally, convenient way of driving and parking is required. We have proposed a system which uses an Arduino Mega 2560 Microcontroller, barrier gate controller along with different lighting system to approach the problem.
Barrier Gate Control, Microcontroller (Arduino Mega 2560), Proximity Sensors, Smart Car Parking
- Siyal K, Gugapriya G. Anti-theft vehicle locking system using CAN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016; 9(45):1–6. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i45/105307
- Hanaafy M, Gomaa MM, Taher M, Wahba AM. Path generation and tracking for car automatic parking employing swarm algorithm. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems; 2011 Nov 29– Dec 1. p. 99–104.
- Lad HJ, Joshi VG. Vehicle parking management using embedded system. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT). 2013 Jul; 2(4):521–7.
- Subramani T. Parking study on main corridors in major urban centre. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER). 2012 May–Jun; 2(3):742–8.
- Alfatihi S, Chihab S, Alj YS. Intelligent parking system for car parking guidance and damage notification. In the Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Modeling and Simulation (ISMS), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); 2013 Jan.
- Basu A. Smart parking. Happy minds publication; 2013 .p.3–13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.