Total views : 140
Performance Analysis of KNN, SVM and ANN Techniques for Gesture Recognition System
The Gesture identification or recognition system is an emerging area of a current dynamic research about in PC vision and machine learning concepts. The primary design of the projected method is to develop a framework; it can understand the American Sign Language, which can recognize exact human gestures and practice them to express the information. Gesture signals are captured utilizing Kinect cameras along with a static back ground. The proposed strategy is isolated into 2 sections, significant features extraction stage, and Classification stage. Patterns are calculated using KNN, SVM and finally the ANN; it is a classification phase.It is then subjected to feature extraction and classification. In present work, SVM, KNN, and ANN tools are used in recognizing the gestures of ASL. The gesture recognition system is capable of recognizing only numerical ASL static signs with 97.10% accurateness. The obtained results proved that the SVM had a very good performance compared to other techniques.
American Sign Language, ANN, Gesture recognition, KNN, SVM
- Geetha M, Aswathi PV. Dynamic gesture recognition of Indian sign language considering local motion of hand using spatial location of Key Maximum Curvature Points. IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems (RAICS); Trivandrum. 2013. p. 86–91.
- Rekha J, Bhattacharya J, Majumder S. Shape, texture and local movement hand gesture features for Indian sign language recognition. 3rd International Conference on Trendz in Information Sciences and Computing (TISC2011); Chennai. 2011. p. 30–5.
- Singh A, Arora S, Shukla P, Mittal A. Indian sign language gesture classification as single or double handed gestures. 2015 3rd International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP); Waknaghat. 2015. p. 378–81.
- Chavan P, Ghorpade T, Padiya P. Indian sign language to forecast text using leap motion sensor and RF classifier. 2016 Symposium on Colossal Data Analysis and Networking (CDAN); Indore. 2016. p. 1–5.
- Mapari RB, Kharat G. Real time human pose recognition using leap motion sensor. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICRCICN); Kolkata. 2015. p.n 323–8.
- Baranwal N, Tripathi K, Nandi GC. Possibility theory based continuous Indian sign language gesture recognition. TENCON 2015, IEEE Region 10 Conference; Macao. 2015. p. 1–5.
- Sawant SN, Kumbhar MS. Real time sign language recognition using PCA. 2014 International Conference on, Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT); Ramanathapuram. 2014. p. 1412–5.
- Kumar V, Nandi GC, Kala R. Static hand gesture recognition using stacked denoising sparse auto encoders. 2014 Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3); Noida. 2014. p. 99–104.
- Dabre K, Dholay S. Machine learning model for sign language interpretation using webcam images. 2014 International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Communication and Information Technology Applications (CSCITA); Mumbai. 2014. p. 317–21.
- Geetha M, Manjusha C, Unnikrishnan P, Harikrishnan R. A vision based dynamic gesture recognition of Indian sign language on Kinect based depth images. 2013 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Communication, Control, Signal Processing and Computing Applications (C2SPCA); Bangalore. 2013. p. 1–7.
- Rodríguez KO, Chávez GC. Finger spelling recognition from RGB-D information using kernel descriptor. 2013 26th Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images; Arequipa. 2013. p. 1–7.
- Adithya V, Vinod PR, Gopalakrishnan U. Artificial neural network based method for Indian sign language recognition. 2013 IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT); JeJu Island. 2013. p. 1080–5.
- Agrawal SC, Jalal AS, Bhatnagar C. Recognition of Indian sign language using feature fusion. 2012 4th International Conference on Intelligent Human Computer Interaction (IHCI); Kharagpur. 2012. p. 1–5.
- Kumar BPP, Manjunath MB. A hybrid gesture recognition method for American sign language. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2017 Jan; 10(1):1–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.