Total views : 138
Energy Efficient Key Management Scheme using Modified Blom’s Scheme in Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: To compute a new secret common key pair value consuming less energy, time and storage. Methods/Statistical analysis: Finding of effective energy efficient key management scheme is still a challenging task. To produce effective key management system, Hexagonal cluster based routing protocol (HCRP) is proposed with modified Hadamard matrix as a public matrix that is obtained from the balance factor using AVL tree applied in each cluster head in the hexagonal network model where each vertex is considered as cluster head. Public matrix and secret matrix are used for finding common key pair value. Findings: The newly designed public matrix is beneficial to obtain the common key value. Result shows that proposed HCRP protocol consumes less packet ratio with minimum data rate. The work is implemented using NS2 simulator considering various factors like packet drops, computation time, energy consumption and storage overhead. Application/Improvements: The proposed key management scheme is an efficient one and can be used as a security measure for the computational field.
AVL Tree, Cluster Coordinator, Energy Efficient Key Management Scheme, Hexagonal Cluster Based Routing Protocol, Wireless Sensor Network
- Dechene DJ, Jardali AE, Luccini M, Sauer A. A survey of clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks [Electrical and Computer Engineering thesis]. Canada, The University of Western Ontario; 2006. p. 1–10.
- Akyildiz IF, Su W, Sankarasubramaniam Y, Cayirci E. A survey on sensor networks. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Communications Magazine. 2002 Aug; 40(8):102–14. Crossref
- Singh UR, Singh KM, Roy S. Energy efficient key management analysis using AVL tree in wireless sensor network.International Journal of Engineering Science Invention.2015 May; 4(5):59–70.
- Eschenauer L, Gligor VD. A key management scheme for distributed sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the 9th Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) conference on computer and communications security, Washington, DC, USA; 2002 Nov 18–22. p. 41–7.
- Lee JC, Leung VCM, Wong KH, Cao J, Chan HCB. Key management issues in wireless sensor networks: current proposals and future developments. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Wireless Communications.2007 Oct; 14(5):76–84. Crossref
- Du W, Deng J, Han YS, Varshney PK. A pairwise key pre-distribution scheme for wireless sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the 10th Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Washington, DC, USA; 2003. p.42–51.
- Chan H, Perrig A, Song D. Random key pre-distribution schemes for sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Symposium on Security and Privacy; 2003 May 11–14. p. 197.
- Khan SU, Pastrone C, Lavagno L, Spirito MA. An energy and memory-efficient key management scheme for mobile heterogeneous sensor networks. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 6th International Conference on Risks and Security of Internet and Systems (CRiSIS), Timisoara, Romania; 2011 Sep 26–28. p. 1–8. Crossref
- Blom R. An optimal class of symmetric key generation systems.Workshop on the Theory and Application of Cryptographic Techniques, EUROCRYPT 84, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. 1984; 209:335–8. Crossref
- Reddy RS. Key management in wireless sensor networks using a modified Blom scheme [Computer Science thesis]. USA, Oklahoma State University; 2011. p. 1–9.
- Safar M, Al-Hamadi H, Ebrahimi D. Power Efficient Clustering Algorithm (PECA) for wireless sensor networks.
- International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering (IJITWE). 2011 Jan; 6(1):49–58. Crossref
- Kumar V, Jain S, Tiwari S. Energy efficient clustering algorithms in wireless sensor networks a survey. International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI). 2011 Sep; 8(5):259–68.
- JananiS VE, Ganeshkumar P, Suganthi VG, Sultan M, Kaleeswaran D. A survey on algorithms for cluster head selection in WSN. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology (IJARCET). 2013 May; 2(5):1–5.
- Bettstetter C. The cluster density of a distributed clustering algorithm in ad hoc networks. In the Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) International Conference on Communications. 2004 Jun 20–24; 7:4336–40. Crossref
- Chen J–S, Hong Z–W, Wang N–C, Jhuang S–H. Efficient cluster head selection methods for wireless sensor networks.Journal of Networks. 2010 Aug; 5(8):964–70.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.