Total views : 139
Secure, Robust Video Watermarking to Prevent Camcorder Piracy
Objectives: The present work proposes a secure and robust video watermarking algorithm to detect the camcorder piracy using Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) and Schur Decomposition. Methods/Analysis: Separate watermark for each video used to improve security. The watermark is further secured using scrambling by Arnold transform and then dividing it into subparts. These scrambled watermark chunks embedded into audio sequence and video frames using robust technique DCT and Schur decomposition. The security has been improved with randomness in frame selection block selection. Recovered information from extracted watermark can be used to authenticate the owner. Findings: Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm is not only robust to various attacks but also highly secure. Perceptual quality of watermarked frame has been compared with the original frame. The Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) is 49.21 dB for MB.mp4 video and 48.88 dB for GT.mp4 video file after embedding watermark. Robustness of watermarked video has been tested against various signal processing, video processing attacks and camcorder attack. Extracted watermark is compared with original watermark and Normalized cross correlation (NK) value is calculated, which is coming nearly 1. The security has been strengthened with randomness in frame selection, block selection, Scrambling and division of the watermark. A Watermark is embedded in audio sequence and video frames. Novelty/Improvement: Position of pirate is estimated by comparing original video frames with watermarked video frames. Mean Absolute Error is 2.8 cm.
Arnold Transform, DCT, Schur, SVD, SCD
- Gwena Do.err, Dugelay JL. A guide tour of video watermarking.Science Direct, Signal Processing: ImageCommunication. 2003; 18:263–82.
- Ingemar J, Cox, Joe Kilian F. Thomson Leighton, and Talal Shamoon.Secure Spread Spectrum Watermarking for Multimedia. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.1997,6(12), pp. 1673-1687.
- Liu R, Tan T. A SVD-based watermarking scheme for protecting rightful ownership. IEEE Transaction on Multimedia. 2002; 4(1):121–8.
- Chan PW, Lyu MR, Chin RT. A novel scheme for hybrid digital video watermarking: Approach, evaluation and experimentation. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2005; 15(12):1638-49.
- Bhattacharya S, Chattopadhyay T, Pal A. A survey on different video watermarking techniques and comparative analysis with reference to H.264/AVC. IEEE 10th International Symposium on Consumer Electronics; 2006.p. 1-6.
- Rajab L, Al-Khatib T, Al-Haj A. Video watermarking algorithms using the SVD transform. European Journal of Scientific Research. 2009; 30(3):389-401.
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y. Research on video copyright protection system. IEEE 2nd International Conference Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks; 2012. p.1277–81.
- Gosavi C, Warnekar CS. Study of multimedia security using watermarking tehniques. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2010; 8(5):64–72.
- Elbasi E, Ahmet M. Eskicioglu. Robust video watermarking scheme in transform domains. Information Security and Cryptography Conference; Turkey. 2007. p. 1-6.
- Doerr G, Dugelay JL. Security pitfalls of frame-by-frame approaches to video watermarking. IEEE Transactionson Signal Processing. 2004; 52(10):2955-64.
- Chang CC, Hwang KF. Digital watermarking scheme using human visual effects. Informatica. 2000:505-11.
- Kasmani SA, Naghsh-Nilchi A. A new robust digital image watermarking technique based on joint DWT-DCT transformation. IEEE 3rd International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology; 2008.p. 539-44.
- Shi H, Wang N, Wen Z, Wang Y, Zhao H, Yang Y. An RST Invariant image watermarking scheme using DWTSVD.IEEE International Symposium on Instrumentation, Measurement, Sensor Network And Automation (IMSNA); 2012. p. 214-7.
- Singh P, Agarwal S, Pandey A. A Hybrid DWT-SVD Based Robust Watermarking Scheme for Color Images and its Comparative Performance in YIQ and YIV color Spaces.3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); 2012. p. 1213-8.
- Lai CC, Tsai CC. Digital image watermarking using discrete wavelet transform and singular value decomposition. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. 2010; 59(11):3060-3.
- Lagzian S, Soryani M, Fathy M. Robust watermarking scheme based on RDWT-SVD: Embedding data in all sub bands. IEEE. 2011:48-52.
- Kang X, Huang J, Shi Q, Lin Y. A DWT-DFT composite watermarking scheme robust to both affine transform and JPEG compression. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2003; 13(8):776-86.
- Rao SV, Shekhawat RS, Srivastava VK. A DWT-DCT-SVD based digital image watermarking scheme using particle swarm optimization. IEEE Students Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science (SCEECS); 2012. p. 1-4.
- Foo SW, Dong Q. A normalization-based robust image watermarking scheme using SVD and DCT. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2010;61.
- Liu F, Han K, Wang CW. A novel blind watermark algorithm based On SVD and DCT. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems; 2009. p.283–6.
- Batra S, Talwar R. Blind video watermarking based on SVD and multilevel DWT. European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2015; 2(1):80–5.
- Rajab L, Al-Khatib T, Al-Haj A. A blind DWT-SCHUR based digital videowatermarking technique. Journal of Software Engineering and Applications. 2015; 8:224-33.
- Kumar SN, Rao UN. Robust and blind video watermarking algorithm using SVD transform. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2014; 3(5):1359-64.
- Shelke NA, Chatur PN. Blind robust digital video watermarking scheme using hybrid based approach.
- International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(3):3619-25.
- Hai-yang D, Ya-jian Z, Yi-xian Y, ZHANG. Ru. Robust blind video watermark algorithm in transform domain combining with 3D video correlation. Journal of Multimedia. 2013; 8(2):161-7.
- Razafindradina HB, Karim AM. Blind and robust image watermarking based on wavelet and edge detection. IJCIS. 2013; 3(3):23-30.
- Babu DN, Jagadeesh D. A blind and robust video water marking technique in DCT domain. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology. 2012; 2(2):12832.
- Masoumi M, Amiri S. A blind video watermarking scheme based on 3D discrete wavelet transform. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology. 2012; 3(4):487-90.
- Chetan KR, Raghavendra K. DWT based blind digital video watermarking scheme for video authentication.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 4(10):19-26.
- Essaouabi A, Regragui F. A blind wavelet-based digital watermarking for video. International Journal of Video and Image Processing and Network Security. 2009; 9(9):37-41.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.