Total views : 244
Load Frequency Control of Nonlinear Power System Employing Firefly Algorithm
Background/Objectives: Firefly Algorithm (FA) is employed to for Load Frequency Control (LFC) of nonlinear power system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The supremacy of FA technique is established by comparing the outcomes with Genetic Algorithm (GA). Findings: Additionally, sensitivity study is conducted by changing system parameters like time constants of turbine, speed governor and inertia constant as well as generator initial loading condition by +50% to -50% from their normal values in addition to the magnitude and location of load disturbance to illustrate the effectiveness of the suggested design approach. Application/Improvements: A nonlinear three area thermal system is taken as the system under study and the parameters of the LFC controller are tuned using FA technique.
Firefly Algorithm (FA), Generation Rate Constraint (GRC), Load Frequency Control (LFC), Proportional Integral Derivative Controller, Sensitivity Analysis.
- Elgerd OI. Tata McGraw-Hill: Electric Energy Systems Theory - An Introduction, 2nd (edn). 2000.
- Nanda J, Mangla A, Suri S. Some findings on automatic generation control of an interconnected hydrothermal system with conventional controllers. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2006; 21:187–93. Crossref
- Parmar KPS, Majhi S, Kothari DP. Load frequency control of a realistic power system with multi-source power generation. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 201; 42:426–33. Crossref
- Ghoshal SP. Application of GA/GA-SA based fuzzy automatic generation control of a multi area thermal generating system. Electric Power Systems Research. 2004; 70:115–27. Crossref
- Gozde H, Taplamacioglu MC. Automatic generation control application with craziness based particle swarm optimization in a thermal power system. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy System. 2011; 33:8–16. Crossref
- Nanda J, Mishra S and Saikia LC. Maiden application of bacterial foraging based optimization technique in multiarea automatic generation control. IEEE Trans. Power Systems. 2009; 24:602–9. Crossref
- Rout UK, Sahu RK and Panda S. Design and analysis of differential evolution algorithm based automatic generation control for interconnected power system. Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 2013; 4:409–21. Crossref
- Chandrakala KRMV, Balamurugan S and Sankaranarayanan K. Variable structure fuzzy gain scheduling based load frequency controller for multi source multi area hydro thermal system. Int. J. Elect. Power & Energy Syste. 2013; 53:375–81. Crossref
- Saikia LC, Mishra S, Sinha N and Nanda J. Automatic generation control of a multi area hydrothermal system using reinforced learning neural network controller. Int. J. Elect. Power & Energy Systems. 2011; 33:1101–8. Crossref
- Yang XS. UK: Luniver Press: Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithm. 2008.
- Yang XS. Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization. Stochastic algorithms: foundations and applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences. 2009; 5792:169–78. Crossref
- Yang XS. Firefly algorithm, stochastic test functions and design optimization. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. 2010; 2:78–84. Crossref
- Yang XS, Hosseini SSS and Gandomi AH. Firefly algorithm for solving non-convex economic dispatch problems with valve loading effect. Applied Soft Computing. 2012; 12:1180–6. Crossref
- Padhan S, Sahu RK and Panda S. Application of Firefly Algorithm for Load Frequency Control of Multi-area Interconnected Power System. Electric Power Components and Systems. 2014; 42:1419–30. Crossref
- Senthilnath J, Omkar SN and Mani V. Clustering using firefly algorithm: performance study. Swarm Evol Computing. 2011; 1:164–71. Crossref
- Golpira H, Bevrani H and Golpira H. Application of GA optimization for automatic generation control design in an interconnected power system. Energy Conversion and Management. 2011; 52:2247–55. Crossref
- Sahu RK, Panda S and Padhan S. Optimal gravitational search algorithm for automatic generation control of interconnected power systems. Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 2014; 5:721–33. Crossref
- Suresh Manic K, Krishna Priya R, Rajinikanth V. Image Multithresholding based on Kapur/Tsallis Entropy and Firefly Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(12). DOI No: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i12/89949.
- Manoharan GV, Shanmugalakshmi R. Multi-Objective Firefly Algorithm for Multi-Class Gene Selection. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1). DOI No: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/52310.
- Ponnin Thilagar P, Harikrishnan R. Application of Intelligent Firefly Algorithm to Solve OPF with STATCOM. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22). DOI No: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i22/79100.
- Kimio T, Natarajan G, Hideki A, Taichi K, Nanao K. Higher involvement of subtelomere regions for chromosome rearrangements in leukemia and lymphoma and in irradiated leukemic cell line. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 April; 5(1):1801–11.
- Cunningham CH. A Laboratory Guide in Virology. 6th edition. Minnesota: Burgess Publication Company; 1973.
- Kumar E, Rajan M. India: Agro Botanical Publication: Microbiology of Indian desert. In: D. N. Sen (ed). Ecology and vegetation of Indian desert. 1990; p. 83–105.
- Rajan M, Rao BS, Anjaria KB, Unny VKP, Thyagarajan S. Radiotoxicity of sulfur-35. India: Proceedings of 10th NSRP; 1993; p. 257–258.
- Available from: Crossref Date accessed: 01/01/2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.