Total views : 270
Simulation Based Fault Detection and Diagnosis for Additive Manufacturing
Objectives: To develop a mechanism for error detection and diagnosis in additive manufacturing system by analysing generated data for reducing manual efforts. Methods/Analysis: Data generated from the actual run is more and currently this data is analysed manually for error detection and diagnosis. We proposed developed a software tool which will help for sorting, filtering and analysing data for error detection and these data are fed to Bayesian network which help to find the cause of that error and help for error diagnosis. Bayesian network with probability reasoning is used and it requires historical data and experience person for efficient prediction. Findings: This mechanism is efficient compared to manual system. It takes lesser time to sort, filter and analyse the data for error detection. We get the idea about scenario and parameters which causes the error; hence we can limit those parameters and can resolve those issues quickly. As this mechanism helps to set a proper relationship between cause and error, hence it reduces the uncertainty of the system in fault finding. As this is automated process hence saves too much time of error detection and diagnosis, hence this proposal will speed up the fault detection and diagnosis and enable the developer to solve issue quicker and indirectly help to optimize the process and cost. Novelty: Statistical tool used for this is a Bayesian network with Probability Reasoning which has ability to infer and self-learning.
Additive Manufacturing, Bayesian Network, Error Diagnosis, Fault Detection, SLM.
- Hu D, Kovacevic R. Sensing modelling and control for laser-based additive manufacturing. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture. 2003 Jan; 43(1):51–60. Crossref.
- Yoon J, He D, Hecke BV. A PHM approach to additive manufacturing equipment health monitoring, fault diagnosis and quality control. Annual Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society. 2014; 5:732–40.
- Rao PK, Liu J. Online real-time quality monitoring in additive manufacturing processes using heterogeneous sensors. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 2015 Dec; 137(6):1–12.
- Manogharan G, Wysk R. Harrysson O, Aman R. AIMSa metal additive-hybrid manufacturing system: system architecture and attributes. Procedia Manufacturing. 2015; 1:273–86. Crossref.
- Regana PO, Prickett P. Metal based additive layer manufacturing: variations correlations and process control. Procedia Computer Science. 2016; 96:216–224. Crossref.
- Wits WW, Garcia RR, Juan M, Becker J. How additive manufacturing enables more sustainable end-user maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) strategies. Procedia CIRP. 2016; 40:693–8. Crossref.
- Merklein M, Junker D, Schaub A, Neubauer F. Hybrid additive manufacturing technologies – an analysis regarding potentials and applications. Physics Procedia. 2016; 83:549–59. Crossref.
- Makinen M, Jauhiainen E et al. Preliminary comparison of properties between Ni-electroplated stainless steel parts fabricated with laser additive manufacturing and conventional machining. Physics Procedia. 2015; 78:337–46. Crossref.
- Loios G, Martins RF, Ginjeira A, Dragoi MV, Buican G. Fatigue resistance of rotary endodontic files submitted to axial motion in multiplanar canals manufactured by 3D printing. Procedia Engineering. 2016; 160:117–22. Crossref.
- Rouillard JP. Real-time log file analysis using the Simple Event Correlator (SEC). In the Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Systems Administration (LISA 2004), Atlanta, USA; 2004 Nov 14–19.
- Weber P, Jouffe L. Complex system reliability modelling with Dynamic Object Oriented Bayesian Networks (DOOBN). Reliability Engineering and System Safety. 2006 Feb; 91(2):149–62. Crossref.
- Bartlett LM, Hurdle EE, Kelly EM. Integrated system fault diagnostics utilising digraph and fault tree-based approaches. Reliability Engineering and System Safety. 2009 Jun; 94(6):1107–15. Crossref.
- Lo CH, Wong YK. Bond graph based Bayesian network for fault diagnosis. Applied Soft Computing. 2011 Jan; 11(1):1208–12. Crossref.
- Fronza IAS. Failure prediction based on log files using random indexing and support vector machines. The Journal of Systems and Software.2013 Jan; 86(1):2–11. Crossref.
- Hao H, Zhang K, Steven X. A data-driven multiplicative fault diagnosis approach for automation processes. ISA Transactions. 2014 Sep; 53(5):1436–45. Crossref.
- Emec S, Kruger J. Online fault-monitoring in machine tools based on energy consumption analysis and non-invasive data acquisition for improved resource-efficiency. Procedia CIRP. 2016; 40:236–43. Crossref.
- Cai BHL. A real-time fault diagnosis methodology of complex systems using object-oriented Bayesian networks. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 2016 Dec; 80(1):31–44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2016.04.019.
- He S, Wang Z. Fault detection and diagnosis of chiller using Bayesian network classifier with probabilistic boundary. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2016 Aug; 107(25):37–47. Crossref.
- Zhao Y, Wen J, Xiao F, Yang X, Wang S. Diagnostic Bayesian networks for diagnosing air handling units faults– part I: Faults in dampers fans, filters and sensors. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2017 Jan 25; 111:1272–86. Crossref.
- Gajjar S, Palazoglu A. A data-driven multidimensional visualization technique for process fault detection and diagnosis. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems. 2016 May 15; 154:122–36. Crossref.
- Han X, Li B, Wong K–F, Shi Z. Exploiting structural similarity of log files in fault diagnosis for Web service composition. CAAI Transactions on Intelligence Technology. 2016 Jan; 1(1):61–71. Crossref.
- Asr MY, Ettefagh MM, Hassannejad R, Razavi SN. Diagnosis of combined faults in rotary machinery by nonnaive Bayesian approach. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. 2017 Feb 15; 85:56–70. Crossref.
- Lee JH, Yang SH. Fault diagnosis and recovery for a CNC machine tool thermal error compensation system. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. 2001; 19(6):428–34. Crossref.
- Vogl GW, Donmez MA, Archenti A. Diagnostics for geometric performance of machine tool linear axes. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology. 2016 Jun; 65(1):377–80.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.