Total views : 78
Key Predistribution for Heterogeneous Group of Sensor Nodes using Combinatorial Design
Objective: To design a key pre-distribution scheme for a heterogeneous group of sensor nodes with the help of combinatorial design for high resilience against node capture. Methods/Statistical analysis: Methodology used here is based on theory of balanced incomplete block design where a group of BIBD is used for each of the sensor groups and keys are distributed based on the orientation of these groups. Findings: Connectivity, Storage limitation and resilience are evaluated for the proposed scheme. Application/Improvements: Combinatorial design based scheme is proven to be most suitable method among various key pre-distribution schemes. Combinatorial design based scheme distributes keys to the sensor nodes according to Balanced Incomplete Block Design (BIBD). Use of combinatorial design improves the overall performance of the network.
BIBD, Combinatorial Design, Key pre-distribution, Resilience, Wireless Sensor Network
- Chen CY, Chao HC. A survey of key distribution in wireless sensor networks, Security and Communication Networks.2011 July; 7(12):2495-2508. Crossref
- Aysal TC, Barner KE. Sensor data cryptography in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2008; 3(2):273-89. Crossref
- Giruka VC, Singhal M, Royalty J, Varanasi S. Security in wireless sensor networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2008; 8(1):1-24. Crossref
- Wang Y, Attebury G, Ramamurthy B. A survey of security issues in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2006; 8(2):2-23. Crossref
- Lee J, Stinson DR. On the construction of practical key predistribution schemes for distributed sensor networks using combinatorial designs. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC). 2008; 11(2):5:1-5:35.
- Camtepe SA, Yener B. Combinatorial design of key distribution mechanisms for wireless sensor networks. IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking. 2007; 15(2):346-58. Crossref
- Zhu C, Zheng C, Shu L, Han G. A survey on coverage and connectivity issues in wireless sensor networks, Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2012 March; 35(2):619-32. Crossref
- Yu Z, Guan Y. A key management scheme using deployment knowledge for wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2008; 19(10):1411-25. Crossref
- Lee J, Stinson D. Deterministic key predistribution schemes for distributed sensor networks. SAC, LNCS 3357. 2004; p. 294-307. Crossref
- Linial N, Wigderson A. Israel: Hebrew University: Lecture Notes. Expander graphs and their applications. 2003 January; p. 1-81.
- Hoory S, Linial N, Wigderson A. Expander graphs and their applications. Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society. 2006 August; 43(4):439-561. Crossref
- Kundur D, Luh W, Okorafor UN, Zourntos T. Security and privacy for distributed multimedia sensor networks.
- Proceedings of the IEEE. 2008; 96(1):112-30. Crossref
- Eschenauer L, Gligor V. A key-management scheme for distributed sensor networks. The Proceedings of the Annual ACM Computer and Communications Security (CCS). 2002; p. 41-47. Crossref
- Shafiei H, Mehdizadeh A, Khonsari A, Khaoua MO. A combinatorial approach for key-distribution in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference IEEE. 2008; p. 1-5. Crossref
- Liu D, Ning P. Establishing pairwise keys in distributed sensor networks. Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security (CCS 2003). 2003; p. 52-61. Crossref
- Kendall M, Martin K. On the Role of Expander Graphs in Key Predistribution Schemes for Wireless Sensor Networks. Research in Cryptology: 4th Western European Workshop, WEWoRC. 2011; p. 62-82.
- Saikia M, Acharjamayum I, Hussain Md. A review on desirable measures for good Key Pre-distribution Scheme in wireless sensor network. International Conference (ICGCIoT). 2015; p.129-34. Crossref
- Saikia M, Hussain Md. Improving the performance of Key Pre-distribution Scheme in Sensor Network using Clustering of Combinatorics. IEEE International Conference ICCCA. 2016; 10(9):1-6. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.